LegacyGT.com

going to replace multifunction switch

Hopefully soon, when my motivation is high, I will replace my multifunction switch. I have a replacement and instructions. Has anyone done this before? I'm honestly just wondering if it is as difficult as I think it will be :icon_roll

I work at Advance auto and they're always listed as "combination switches." "Turn Signal Switch" or "Headlight Switch" is too specific, and on some vehicles they are a totally separate item. For example, on my old Saab 9-5 Aero the "Headlight switch" was a little unit under the dash that kept the lights on for 15 seconds after key off and then faded them out. Just my 2 cents. =)

• 3 months later...

Old thread but I'm in need of doing this myself and could really use a point in the right direction. Has anybody here had to change their combo switch? My issue is my low beams do not work but everything else does. I've replaced relays but no dice, just wanted to see if their is an easier way aside from what the FSM says.

Begins on Page 3

Continued

Have you changed the bulbs? Know it's odd for two to go at once but it has happened to me once before.

Insofar as the switch is concerned, it is modular, so once the cover and perhaps wheel are removed it won't be as hard as it seems.

Not familiar with that gen.

O.

Archived