LegacyGT.com

2012 LGT meet!

Hops

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may not be in for a drive. Had my 2nd run-in with the UHP for the month, earlier today and was soooooooooo dannnnnnnngggggg LUcKy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just outside Tooele, I80 Eastbound I pass a semi and there's a UHP cruising along right in front of the semi. (I'm on my motorcycle) I sit up and he switches on his lights and slows way down so I have to pass him as the semi changes lanes behind me to go around the UHP.

He says he had me at 97mph coming around the semi. I say WOW! (Glad it was only 97mph) :)

I was invited to take a seat in his car and I thought I was being impounded!

Long story short, I was extremely polite, asked for permission for every move I made like taking helmet off, gloves off, opening jacket to grab ID, etc, etc, etc.

He said he was doing me a favor and only writing me up for 89 in a 75 zone. I thanked him for being lenient. He handed me back my ID and insurance card and I asked permission to put it back in my jacket pocket. His printer starts to print and he thanks me again for asking permission before making any moves and for being so polite. Hands me a full page of paper and says he's only giving me a warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tells me to enjoy the beautiful weather and to be very careful passing the semi's so the wind blast doesn't blow me around.

2nd time I've overtaken a cop this month, once in the GT and once on the bike. 2 warnings!

That's more warnings than I've had in my entire driving career and I thanked him for keeping my perfect driving record over almost 6 years intact!

Can't wait to see some perty cars, standing still, on Saturday!

F*ck you Bryce, people like Matt and I get tickets for tint while we are driving normally and you get off with these 2 warnings :mad::lol: JK That's crazy!

I knew it! It's the legal tint that got me out of the Unified Police ticket on I-15 when I crossed over the double line commuter lane (twice) to pass slow movers in the fast lane and went by everybody at approx 90mph. Didn't even notice the UP SUV in the slow lane holding everybody up.

So, dang LUCKY!

Many tickets back in the day, lost the license twice for points before I was 19. Several tickets in my old Suby XT6 and 92 Legacy Sport Sedan! Last ticket was in July '06, first night I had my new GT. Passed a Bountiful cop doing a pull while I was watching the mpg gauge read 6mpgs. Didn't even notice I pulled right past the cop. Cop says, "what were you thinking, you drove right past me!" "By the way, this thing accelerates quite nicely!" Doh!

Cost me $157 bucks!

I haven't been to a pure LGT meet yet, so I might have to stop by. I doubt I'll be able to do the drive (family plans), but I would definitely like to see some of the things you guys have done with your cars!

Friends are welcome, but remember - this is a Legacy meet. Not a meet for G8 drivers to show off and pass people in the shoulder (Joel :lol:).

Hey bro, I didn't even know this guy until DiGi invited him! :lol: I still remember being impressed at how well you handled that windshield mess:spin::lol:

I haven't been to a pure LGT meet yet, so I might have to stop by. I doubt I'll be able to do the drive (family plans), but I would definitely like to see some of the things you guys have done with your cars!

These are the only meets I go to. Nasioc, iwsti, and slcsubaru meets are full of immature WRX drivers that drive the hell out of me.

Wish I was in the position to join you guys this time! Have fun tomorrow, but don't be stupid! :lol:

*I should have specified. I am all game for letting the new tunes and mods stretch their legs, but don't get sent to jail and have your car impounded for doing so. Do you guys run radar detectors when doing these runs? (I know that it is not a race)

We will need to plan another run when I finally get one! :spin:

Archived