LegacyGT.com

2012 LGT meet!

Hops

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exact cause is still unknown, but it's not looking good.

Cylinder 4 spark plug had a nice chuck of porcelain missing where it holds the needle along with a small piece of the tip.

Do you think it's from contact with the piston? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this kind of stuff but I would think the tip would be bent if that was the case.

Hopefully it's only plugs/misfires possibly coil pack failure. I've been through 2 coil pack failures, causing plugs to become poorly gapped.

One was caused by an injector that was stuck open, other was caused by ???

Hope you have access to a scope to look at the pistons while those plugs are out.

Keep us posted!

I see many of you have FMICs. I've been thinking about getting one. Any recommendations from the locals? The Racer X FMIC seems to be pretty popular here on the board, but if you guys have a different suggestion I'd love to know!

I have the RacerX and I'm happy with it, Chad and Matt have the Cobb FMIC and it is awesome but good luck getting your hands on one (I don't want to describe the things I heard they did to get theirs, but it does involve a butternut squash), and I believe Spencer has the FMS kit.

I see many of you have FMICs. I've been thinking about getting one. Any recommendations from the locals? The Racer X FMIC seems to be pretty popular here on the board, but if you guys have a different suggestion I'd love to know!

What turbo are you running?

A FMIC is overkill. You'll sacrifice responsiveness and make your car slower. Wait until you upgrade your turbo, fueling, etc. TMICs are good cause they help with responsiveness; they just get heat soaked.

I have the FMS, and it's awesome! It'll be 10x better with a tune and 100x better with a bigger turbo because I am stock. However, Chad is right, you should wait. It does great for top end, but there is some noticeable lag, now that I've been driving with it for a few months.

So the Process West should be about perfect for someone like me that wants as much as I can get from my car with mimimal big ticket items and keep it totally reliable so I don't have to worry about what will happen when I am on a 16 hour road trip with the family in the car?

Archived