LegacyGT.com

So should I be concerned with 51 dealer miles on a Turbo?

jdkobe

[quote name='jdkobe']I took a couple test drives in these with other dealers, and in my mind they worked the car hard - sort of showing the car off. Well, I want one now, but am worried - what is this groups take on it? I want to really live by the break-in recommendations for a long life, fast car, but now I can have the car I want now, or wait for one to be ordered. thanks :)[/QUOTE] My car had 63 miles on it when I bought it. 6800 miles later, no problems. I bought a 2001 RS 2.5 new and it had 181 miles (drove it up from Roanoke to Charlottesville). I put 23,000 miles on her and not a problem. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='jk']how about some input from people who ordered cars instead of buying one off the lot. what was on YOUR odometer?[/QUOTE] I had my local dealer find a white GT wagon in Manual, but it was way across Canada in Ontario. It was the only one they could find left at any Subaru dealer in Canada. They paid for it to be transported out to BC, which took a few weeks by train, and when I picked it up, it had 71KM on the odometer. I had initial fears about an initial 70KM's of potential abuse too, but after having my dealer locate the one I wanted and bring it out, I realized that this was not a huge issue. Plus Docksteaders Subaru was really great to deal with in all other issues, so I didn't whine about it. I broke it in nicely up to 1500KM's, and I'm sure it will be dependable for many years.

[quote name='jk']how about some input from people who ordered cars instead of buying one off the lot. what was on YOUR odometer?[/QUOTE] Mine had 9 miles on the odometer when mine came off the truck. Runs fine. I noticed a black mark the size of a finger the the day after I bought the car on the passenger side sunvisor and a few days later a smaller one on the headliner. Nothing I can do about that. Kinda sucks, and this wasn't a demo car or anything, it had all the packaging plastic coverings over the seats and fenders. I would inspect the car thoughly in the daylight - don't pick it up at night - do it in the day. Once you take it home - it's YOUR problem. - Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
you think you had second thoughts? I was droppin bricks. the price was decent, not the screamers some of you posted but you live and learn...pretty much 29k OTD for LGT ltd. I know it's kinda pricey given it had miles on it. anyways, it wasn't the price that gave me pause, it was the miles. who knows how hard it was driven. how many times was the turbo spun up cold. there were scratches and things the dealer had to clean up... however, in the end, much like the rest of life, i had to take a leap of faith. i'm still trying to resolve some issues with the dealer and such but so far, i like the car. the salespeople were great at first, but they have definitely slowed down in their service of my complaints, and make me question if they've blown me off now that they've made their sale. i really hope that isn't the case...

• 9 months later...
:eek: How is this thing still alive??? 7/7/04... WOW! Well, while I'm here: 313 miles on mine. Yeah, it was test driven alot I'm sure, but I don't really care. That's a debate for another day. ;)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I bought my OBXT w/ 201 miles. They drove it out from Maine on a dealer swap. I know that people will not agree with me, but I simply checked the Average MPG with the onboard display. Mine was showing the low 20's. Had it been in the low teens, I would assume that it was beaten. Low 20's seemed ok to me.

[quote name='gtguy']After they build the car, they put it on the dyno and run it up to 120 mph. And from what Oprie Lightfoot was posting about how the cars are run across the parking lot at the pre-delivery facility...I don't think I'd worry too much about the car being driven hard right off the bad. I just wouldn't make a habit of it. Kevin[/quote] Heheheh exactly.... On Audiworld forum once they were talking about how the guys at some US ports were driving the sH!t out of RS6's and S4's when they first came here... 50 miles is just peanuts!!!!!! Go for it if it's a good deal!!! Good luck, Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA

[quote name='ex-ma hole']I bought my OBXT w/ 201 miles. They drove it out from Maine on a dealer swap. I know that people will not agree with me, but I simply checked the Average MPG with the onboard display. Mine was showing the low 20's. Had it been in the low teens, I would assume that it was beaten. Low 20's seemed ok to me.[/quote] Another very good point dude.... Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA

Archived