LegacyGT.com

Plasti dip the whole car

LegacyDan

Would legacy look good in matt black plastidip?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would legacy look good in matt black plastidip?

• Do it, what have you got to loose!
    • I hate plasti dip = i hate you for using it!
    • Pick a different color plastidip

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friend of mine plasti-dipped his jeep wrangler and it came out looking awesome, keeping it clean is an issue cause it being a jeep and us going off roading and stuff however it took him about a day and he wound up doing 5-6 coats. IF your paint is really that bad it will look pretty nice IMO if done right

• 3 weeks later...
nah, havent gotten around to find a decent spray gun yet locally, i might just get the respray work done properly in a few weeks

Why not purchase the gun that dipyourcar.com recommends?

I plasti-dipped my honda. It was multi colored red, I did about 3/4 of it before the whole craze started with it tho. Finally finished the passenger rear quarter panel and passenger door last weekend, that's why they seem different.

Cellphone photo. I don't clean the car on the outside, but it does scratch easy. My snowboard has left my roof a little beat up, but a quick pass with the rattle can and it covers up alright. Good enough for my daily.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/StevenCole/9a1106e1.jpg

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

so your dont drive your legacy daily?:eek:

Not when I drive for my job, I put so many miles on my legacy in 3 years its a shame. So I bought the Honda, put 21k miles on it in 9 months I've owned it avg about 40mpg vs 20mpg in the legacy. Which means more money saved as I don't have to fill the legacy every 2 days.

Plus the legacy's been broken for 3 weeks :lol:

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

My friend does vinyl for a living and just offered me 1600 to wrap the whole car. Still thinking about it

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Do it! That's dirt cheap!

For a decent respray where they do all the prep work, and you keep the same color.. 4-5k easy around here. Change the color and you're in the 6-7k neighborhood.

Vinyl wrap is easily repairable, cheaper to do and if you dont like it... peel it off! Not to mention it helps protect your car a wee bit more.

Archived