LegacyGT.com

Plasti dip the whole car

LegacyDan

Would legacy look good in matt black plastidip?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would legacy look good in matt black plastidip?

• Do it, what have you got to loose!
    • I hate plasti dip = i hate you for using it!
    • Pick a different color plastidip

My paint is in a bad way and no funds currently available for any respray work so a guy in work has bought a Wagner spray machine to do the wheels on his rs6 so i was going to get a tin of plastidip and cover my car in matt black for the time being to see how it looks. it seems to go on pretty smoothly with these machines so for less than 100 dolla i could freshen up the paint and cover the scratches and other defects until i can get it fixed up properly, has anyone on here done a full legacy yet? i have only see someone doing the vinyl wrap. Worst case scenario i hate it and it comes off after a month

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow... i would have never even thought to do this... Is your paint that bad? Cuz no matter how bad it looks, this will end up having it's flaws too... Paint is only as good as the detail, application, and tape job... Thats alot of detail, application, and taping.

I'd do it. I thought the plasti dip route long and hard on my prius but I'm going to do vinyl wrap.

I do A LOT of highway mileage and the vinyl wrap would provide me with better road debris protection than the plasti dip would.

eh, when the hood needs painting from road debris... have it painted. lol

having a panel painted every few ys isnt that expensive. Especially when compared to the time, energy, and cost to wrap or dip something.

My opinion at least! :)

Dipping is easy and quick. Cost and time aren't really an issue unless you don't have a lot of it. Spray a layer and let set for 30 minutes. Repeat five times or so and you are done! $200 will finish a whole car.

Dipping is easy and quick. Cost and time aren't really an issue unless you don't have a lot of it. Spray a layer and let set for 30 minutes. Repeat five times or so and you are done! $200 will finish a whole car.

Right, but you still have to tape/remove lenses, grills, windows, wheel wells, etc... It's gotta be a solid day or afternoon at the very least

Right, but you still have to tape/remove lenses, grills, windows, wheel wells, etc... It's gotta be a solid day or afternoon at the very least

No you dont you need to. I would only cover the wheels. And the windscreen and rear window. Spray the shit out of everything else like in the video and peel it off stuff you don't want it on

Archived