LegacyGT.com

Severe Gear 75w110

nicenlow

I recently changed my trans fluid and diff fluid and refilled with the Amsoil Severe Gear 75w110 gear oil. I have read on other posts where the shifting was improved and there was a noticeable difference. This was not the case for me. I did not notice a shifting difference at all but did feel a roll difference, the car seems to roll in gear smoother with less drag. It also reduced some driveline noise. I guess it was worth it. Maint is important.

08 LGT 5MT 38K miles.

BTW the Amsoil bottles are not the same size as a normal Gear Oil container, the nice pump I bought for filling the diff was a pain because of the bottle.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Thanks,

Why did you go with the 110 ? Do you live where it is hot all the time ?

I went with the 75w-90 sever gear in both my trannys.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

nicenlow - I'm one of the only members who used 75w110 so you probably read my posts.

The quality improvement in shifting was specifically in the context of an installed short shifter (Cobb) as well as in cold weather. Each factor has much crunchier shifting with OEM fluid, much improved with amsoil or with extra-s.

I'll agree, both my cars coast really well.

Next time I changethe fluid out, I may do 50/50 sever gear 75w-90 and 75w-110.

You guy's are running 75w-110 in colder temps ? it get below zero here in winter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I ran it down to 10 fahrenheit, worked just fine.

If it's 75w, then it's 75w whether the operating viscosity is 90 or 110 (which is a made-up viscosity rating by amsoil to define a heavy 90 weight/thin 140 weight)

I ran it down to 10 fahrenheit, worked just fine.

If it's 75w, then it's 75w whether the operating viscosity is 90 or 110 (which is a made-up viscosity rating by amsoil to define a heavy 90 weight/thin 140 weight)

DUH, yes, I should know that...

Archived