LegacyGT.com

Do more or to not do more?

Sooo please don't bash me too bad please lol.. I have an N/A Legacy and was thinking of doing some things... worth it or no? Not sure.. thinking of it.. Of course I couldn't find my PERFECT Legacy in the words of an LGT but am totally happy with what I did get considering I came off of a fully loaded Jeep Laredo. And this Legacy is pretty loaded besides no heated seats or leather.. comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

-Kate

Hi Kate. Going by your thread title, I'm assuming you've already done some modifications? What are you trying to achieve with this car?

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Nope. Haven't done anything she's only 3 weeks old hah! But no maybe I will just make it super clean ;) Of course I do miss turbo... but thinking just keep her clean inside and out. But not like I plpan on taking her to the track nothing like that... not worth it and not quick enough to bother with that mess...

I don't know yet what I want to achieve.. definitely make her look prettier than she already is haha but open to suggestions.

Dont waste your time with performance mods, make it looks nice and handle well. Done.

Agreed, except in that I consider suspension to be a performance mod. Sways & lightening go a long way to making a small car lots more fun.

Tits mcgee

If looks are what you're going for, tints, aftermarket wheels and summer tires, and possibly a bit of lowering ala springs/struts may be in order.

Even a bit more extensive, you can look into a complete headlight projector retrofit and clearing of the amber turn signals if you're adventurous enough.

And, unless you're an audiophile, I think the stock stereo unit is sufficient enough especially if you have the Harmon/Kardon unit (which I don't, and I'm perfectly fine with mine).

The wheels are fine IMO, unless you dont like the looks of them, and feel like spending some money for a small return. A better set of tires would help handling a bit more when you need to replace them... But i wouldnt go spending $500-700 on tires that i didnt yet need on the car.

I agree with a couple other posters that the sways would be a beneficial handling mod. Really makes a big difference on these cars.

Not sure whatever type of modifications you were thinking... Tinted windows look nice, but tend to get me pulled over more :)

The OEM stereo is lackluster, and Subaru should have their hand slapped for the 09 harmon kardon system (not sure which one you have). My wife's 05 limited has a better stereo than my 09.

I think cleared headlights can look great on these cars, if done well and correct. I've always been too much of a whimp to take my headlights apart and put them in the oven! :lol:

OH - the number one thing you can do to your 09 2.5i to make it look better - debadge the p-zev on the rear!!!!!

^+!

hair dryer. fishing line to get under letters and a buffing afterwards to make it all purrrty again.

?? Did the 09 I come with alloys or wheel covers? Subaru keeps flopping on wheels and exhaust for the I and I can't keep up.

O.

I've got alloys on mine. I don't need much speed as I have a son lol maybe he'll be into cars like I was at about 14 lol. I don't like the stock wheels but may look into something better soon.. Going o Vegas in a few weeks so my money will be well spent there for 6 days ;)

I've debadged before so thanks for the reminder tips :) not too concerned with tint my buddy is a state trooper so I flash my special card and I'm good to go haha..

Any specific brand suggestions or any of the aforementioned products?

+1 on the Whiteline RSB with Kartboy endlinks with the AVO reinforcement brackets. If you're looking to lower, Epic springs (drops ~1" all around) on KYB GR2 struts (I'd usually recommend Koni adjustables but seeing as you're only going for aesthetics, the KYB's are cheaper).

I've only had to use my special card once in the 5 years I've had it ;)

Thanks.

If I drop won't be that much of a drop like you said 1" all around just a little bit of a drop nothing crazy though we get tons of snow around here and this past year.. we got NONE and that's really.. bad. LOL we'll pay for it this Winter I am sure.. :p I know i can re-adjust them but just my time is constrained enough as it is lol.

I'll check those out thanks all.

Archived