LegacyGT.com

hows this log look?

timbo7

That lv looks decently good to me but keep driving. Don't reset the Ecu or re flash.

but... Fahr_side has seen a lot of cars though so if he says that trims are usually supposed to be slightly negative, then he's most likely right.

I've been driving and checking the lv periodically and the other day the first trim was down to a 6.xx (I don't remember exactly) then I checked tonight and it was up to 13.xx again. Does the way you drive affect this alot? I was happy when I saw the 6 but now it seems to be up again. What would this indicate? A vacuum leak still?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you changed intakes - what map did you use to reflash? I need to do the same thing as you.

I see you can reset in LV but you also need to reflash but just wondering what those steps are.

K I figured out how to do the reflash so I guess I won't do anything for a few days and then I'll post another lv shot. I mustve done it right becaball my trims were at 0

When you changed intakes - what map did you use to reflash? I need to do the same thing as you.

I see you can reset in LV but you also need to reflash but just wondering what those steps are.

I didn't change intake. I put an avo filter in before then I switched back to a paper filter. I didn't change maps. Someone on here told me to go into the stock map and check a dew boxes and save it then flash that to the car.

no, turbo to intercooler to manifold, did you boost leak test yet?

No I guess I better call a few places and see if they do it. What's a typical price for that?

Do I just tell them I think I have a boost leak and they'll know what to do?

It takes a while for trims to settle, so that's not strange at all. You still have a leak. Take the couplings apart, check for splits and cuts and put them together again. Try using hairspray to help slide connections together and keep them sealed up.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It takes a while for trims to settle, so that's not strange at all. You still have a leak. Take the couplings apart, check for splits and cuts and put them together again. Try using hairspray to help slide connections together and keep them sealed up.

What coupling? The inlet hose?

What coupling? The inlet hose?

Start at the hose on the airbox and work your way back to the throttle body. Seriously, the computer isn't going to help you anymore. Either give the problem to a pro or roll your sleeves up and get it done.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I didnt get a chance to do a boost leak test yet but I looked around the engine bay again and noticed the TB to IC hose was alittle loose so I tightened it up and put it all back together and I drove for a little and did a LV. I see its down a little ( hopefully will go down with more driving) but my question is about the codes in the bottom. My CEL is not on and why did these codes all of a sudden come up? I never had a CEL before ( well one time when I was spinning the tires in the snow ) but never cause of a problem. Do these codes mean the MAF sensor needs replacing?

LearningView_6-19-2012 4 54 58 PM.csv

Have you run the car with the MAF sensor unplugged, or even ignition on? The two sensors are integrated but it's unusual for them to fail at the same time.

Yea I do remember I was changing my fogs and had the airbox out to and I turned the ignition on to are if the lights worked. Guess I'll just clear it and start back at square one.

With the boost leak testers that you buy online, do I need an air compressor?

Yea I do remember I was changing my fogs and had the airbox out to and I turned the ignition on to are if the lights worked. Guess I'll just clear it and start back at square one.

You don't actually need to clear stored codes. The condition isn't current, it's just stored as a note to techs that some transient condition occurred. You can leave it until the next time you do need to reset the ECU.

I took the car to a local Subaru shop and they tried to find a leak and they couldn't either. They said everything seems tight.

Is it possible that it's either a bad tune from the factory or maybe a going bad o2 sensor? Anyway to test the o2 sensor?

I can't seem to get this Figured out. I've looked everywhere. Any other electronic thing it could be that wouldn't throw a code?

• 4 months later...

Archived