LegacyGT.com

hows this log look?

timbo7

Can you take a closer picture of your intercooler please, where the plastic end tanks and metal fins meet?

I'm concerned that you're not hitting your target boost of 13.5 but I can see that your WGDC is very, very low, which is normal because of this flag that's been set in your ROM to temporarily limit it to 30.2 but I would think that you should still be able to hit at least 13 PSI. (Complicated explanation for why there's a 30.2 limit)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these pictures good enough?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/bananamane/2.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/bananamane/1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/bananamane/3.jpg

the last one has a picture of the hose that was messed up.

Yeah, stock 05/06 comes like that... A lot of stock people could benefit immensely just from checking that one little box. The alternate one too. It's almost like a free stage 1 tune. :p

I didn't see anything wrong with any of the tabs. I put the paper filter back in and I'll take another lv in a few days after I get some miles on it.

I still can't find a loose or cracked hose anywhere. I made sure everything on the airbox was tight and aligned correctly. Do you think the avo would cause the high numbers?

Can you elaborate about your "free stage 1 tune" with the box you talked about checking.

So with the wgdc issue, TD doesn't attempt to increase wgdc at all to hit targets? All of those wgdc numbers are below what I had for initial wgdc on my stock map.

It caps the total WGDC at 30.2 until some time... for whatever reason. You'll have to read the RR forum for the whole explanation of why it does that.

• Mega Users
For the intercooler, if it's separating, you'll usually see a bit of oil seepage around the seam. It would be on the bottom of that first pic of the intercooler. It looks clean, but it's a very small picture.

• Mega Users
Actually, your last LV was with the avo filter? If that's the case, then switch back to the paper filter and flash the stock map with the wgdc ramping fix. That will reset the ecu. Then drive around normal and keep an eye on your fuel trims in LV.

Actually, your last LV was with the avo filter? If that's the case, then switch back to the paper filter and flash the stock map with the wgdc ramping fix. That will reset the ecu. Then drive around normal and keep an eye on your fuel trims in LV.

Yea the last lv was with the avo. I put the paper one in 2 days ago. Last time I had the paper one in the trim a on lv was down to a 9, so I think it should drop alittle. I'll enable those two things in rr tomorrow when I get a chance. I haven't flashed a map yet so would it be easier to just use the "reset ecu " button in lv?

Ok, over the last few days I drove around after resetting my ecu and reflashing the map with those two things you suggested checked yes. I also looked around again for a loose hose without finding anything. Here's a LV I got a few minutes ago. Does it look better? Is it possible that maybe the car just runs lean? Or a sensor or something that could make it mess with the a/f ratios?

778311131_LearningView_SS_5-22-201250934PM.jpg.e50bfc6ae790459595db46bbaf9c5a67.jpg

Your numbers are within tolerance levels now +/- 5% except for that idle trim A, but idle tends to fluctuate a lot so it's hard to say.

I'd still be concerned though. You're not looking for a loose hose. You're looking for hoses that may have pinhole leaks or tiny cracks or something. Whatever leak you have isn't going to be huge based on your LVs. Drive around some more and see what happens.

Also, do a log. The parameter you changed isn't going to affect your fuel trims but it will affect your boost levels.

You might also want to change the parameter immediately after that called "Max Wastegate Duty Alternate Fix".

Your numbers are within tolerance levels now +/- 5% except for that idle trim A, but idle tends to fluctuate a lot so it's hard to say.

I'd still be concerned though. You're not looking for a loose hose. You're looking for hoses that may have pinhole leaks or tiny cracks or something. Whatever leak you have isn't going to be huge based on your LVs. Drive around some more and see what happens.

Also, do a log. The parameter you changed isn't going to affect your fuel trims but it will affect your boost levels.

You might also want to change the parameter immediately after that called "Max Wastegate Duty Alternate Fix".

So you want me to check the box under the ones I did already? Then reflash? Just making sure.

Do you think it would be okay to order a stage 1 order tune from infamous?

Sort out mechanical issues like leaks before attempting to tune the car. Tuners do not appreciate trying to tune 'sick' cars.

Just let the car do it's fuel trim learning for a few days before doing anything else. All the fuel trims should be negative numbers in the range of about 5% or less. Positive numbers suggest an air leak somewhere. If this settles down okay with the stock filter in, try doing another WOT pull to see if your boost control issues are sorted.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived