LegacyGT.com

Put the hose back on, it can't help to have it off.

IMO the car should be able to start without the IC connected. Make sure all the vacuum lines are on too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
Would an IC Pipe popping off cause engine to shut off. I'm stranded on the highway ..

Yes. Disconnect the MAF to to limp home. The car will start every time with MAF disconnected.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

sucks dude

yeah:spin:

I'm assuming you slept in your car on the side of the highway, I responded to your other thread. why did an ic pipe pop off? did you boost it untuned like you shouldn't have?
im assuming i just didn't tighten it correctly. i was cruising at 60 , decided to go the speed limit,65, pressed the accelerate button, instant power,pop noise, gas mileage meter read shitty, informed to pull my e-brake, so i just steered to the shoulder. tried to crank it, popped the hood and saw the IC pipe, posted this thread, tighten tube, phone died, drove the remaining 100 miles. this is on my custom tune that i got prior to the FMIC and pipe because i couldn't get my stock air intake to fit around the IC tubes.

Also, why do you still have an EGT sensor? You shouldn't need/have one, and if it's in the way of your IC piping you should really get rid of it.

my UP has a bung for it so i figured, sure.

also, was this using the AMR 20g i sold you? :lol:

negative, im taking my time getting that in. buying one supporting mod per pay check, that way i can do other stuff like sways interior/exterior at the same time.

Yes. Disconnect the MAF to to limp home. The car will start every time with MAF disconnected.
good to know.

she's driving okay, as soon as Cobbs back up i can convert my tuner's base tune , do some logs and get it tweaked by him. seems to be driving alright being conservative.

ic hoses pop off all the time, car will instantly die and fail to start, ebrake light will go on if you're still cruising while engine is off. keep a basic tool set in your trunk and some extra silicon couplers and clamps, or just make sure it's all snug to begin with, performing a boost leak test will ensure this

IC pipes popping off will cause the car to die. Pull the MAF sensor plug if you don't have tools to fix the coupler. If it becomes a common occurrence, spray some hairspray on the coupler where the IC pipe connects.

Popping IC pipes isn't fun, especially FF shifting from 3rd to 4th with 26psi.

any one of them can pop off bro. they're all subject to your boost levels. All lines coming directly off the manifold are as well. my map sensor hose blew off the manifold and i popped 2 pistons. zip tie those little c*nts up. IC piping causes less damage when they blow off however. your map and your fpr lines should be zip tied because if those become disconnected you'll get an unfriendly welcome from Mr. Lean

• Mega Users
IC pipes popping off will cause the car to die. Pull the MAF sensor plug if you don't have tools to fix the coupler. If it becomes a common occurrence, spray some hairspray on the coupler where the IC pipe connects.

Popping IC pipes isn't fun, especially FF shifting from 3rd to 4th with 26psi.

wut. u mustve blown ur motor.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived