LegacyGT.com

What catted DP's have the cat downstream?

atchipmunk

Ok, so i've been planning some upcoming purchases so I can move up to Stage 2. Been looking at catted downpipes, and am wondering if any other catted 5EAT DP's have the high-flow cat located further down the downpipe like the Cobb? I like the Cobb DP, but don't like the price and the fact that it's not a true 3" with the 2.5" stepdown for the stock midpipe. Do any others have a downstream cat? Thanks in advance.

Not ours, it's up near the top.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Thanks for the reply, Paul. :)

Invidia.

Any shorty DP's because you keep your stock second cat.

I thought the Invidia's had the cat up off of the cast bellmouth...kinda like the CNT, but with a divorced bellmouth, no? Didn't think about the shorty DP's though...hmm...

turboxs

I actually really like the TurboXS stuff. Am REALLY interested in the Midpipe, Y, and mufflers they're developing and would love to go with one of their DP's but they don't make one for the 5eat! :(

WRAP and why?

Well, the reason I need the cat downstream is because I'm gonna be getting a GrimmSpeed UP and run a EWG setup. However, I want to plumb the dump-tube back into the downpipe a little further downstream because I don't want the added noise of an open dump-tube. I need the cat to be aft of where the dump-tube rejoins the DP so that the wastegate exhaust gasses get filtered by the cat as well. Trying to be a responsible automotive enthusiast. :)

Maybe I'll just go with a CNT catless and have a 200 count high-flow cat welded in after the dump-tube connection...

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys...

Alvin

• Moderators

Just to confirm, Invidia DPs have the cat near the bellmouth.

Like I said in PM, I think you'll be best suited having you setup custom fabbed at an exhaust shop. They should be able to set you up right and it may well be cheaper than buying a pipe just to cut/weld an EWG dump tube, etc.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Well, the reason I need the cat downstream is because I'm gonna be getting a GrimmSpeed UP and run a EWG setup. However, I want to plumb the dump-tube back into the downpipe a little further downstream because I don't want the added noise of an open dump-tube. I need the cat to be aft of where the dump-tube rejoins the DP so that the wastegate exhaust gasses get filtered by the cat as well. Trying to be a responsible automotive enthusiast. :)

So, this is an example of what you're not looking for:

http://i.imgur.com/nTCWs.jpg

...it's sitting in my trunk right now... :) Oh, I should clarify... the heat shield at that open O2 sensor bung is NOT a cat.

Tits mcgee

Archived