STI floor mats

Pioneer headunit

Performance:

Stock engine

DNA headers

new front cat

new rear cat

new o2's (rear is pending)

custom catback (resonator and cherry bomb)

GRIMMSPEED master cylinder brace

Parts ordered but yet to be installed:

Raceland ultimo GD coilovers

TruHart 6 peace rear links kit

Whiteline sway bar rear 20mm

Whiteline front and rear 20mm bushing

Whiteline sway bar links (4)

Whiteline STI mounts for rear sway bar

Technafit SS lines

STI lip

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dohc- well sadly after this list she is done for quite some time. Life is changing for me soon, so figured stuff as much as I can in ASAP lol.

Any suggestions what else would set car off well?

You're pretty much done w/suspension & braking mods as far as that goes.

Next would be to just show it love, maintain it, & be one of the "OGs" in a 2nd Gen showing the newbies how it's done. The coilovers will give it the stance & performance that it needs to have.

If you're speaking of looks, the JDM headlights would help but the grille looks just fine.

Then when you can, save up for an engine/transmission/brake upgrade & go harder on it.

(Invest in the Power Mode Mod. With that & your suspension upgrades, your car will feel & be ready to go around any corner it comes up to if you feel like driving hard.)

Brakes and suspension mods were my biggest expense and matter most to me. This is the first car I am going full out on, and actually following through on ALL the things I planned for it. I would like to someday do the WRX upgrade...but if the as lines solidify my pedal ill be happy.

He maintenance will no be a problem at all! Full synthetic oil changes, weekly washes, and all routine maintenance will be done in time. I have to show this car some love! As well, I am not sure about an og but will love to learn more and show young/ newbies how it is done on second generations.

Well that's appreciated there. I really want headlights and plan on it soon (side job pending). But so far so good it seems :) I really want this car to sound, look, feel, and handle as well possible.

Now does te power mode mod hurt the car at all? I would love to do it just worried about integrity of it after a period of time ya know?

Now does te power mode mod hurt the car at all? I would love to do it just worried about integrity of it after a period of time ya know?

The Power Mode does nothing harmful.

In other countries that have the same TCUs that we do, the power mode is accessible from the factory (button & all)

For some reason, it was disabled in the 2nd gen USDM variant.

To enable it, all you have to do is run a wire from pin #4 on the TCU to a switch & then run a wire from that switch to ground.

It is an aggressive map in the TCU for sporty driving that was put there by the factory.

The Power Mode causes the transmission to shift firmer, quicker, & more aggressively, much like the sport mode in Volvos.

Ah very well. I did not know that. It seems like 2nd gen got the short straw...no turbo, no power mod, etc!?!? Why not? lol But I will try that and see how I like it. First things first..get used to the car after changing a lot of stuff.

Coilovers are set to 80mm spacing between perches and base, and 120mm in rear. Links are laid out and as lines ready to go in. Just waitit for rest of rear end upgrade to come in and suh then install soon.

Anyone go any shortcuts to doing this?

EDIT: Whiteline end links kit came in

• 2 weeks later...

Haha thanks man. I plan to have whole car painted and rust fixed soon.

Doing plugs and wires tomorrow, as well as cleaning MAF. I need some opinions for wires tho...should I bite bullet and take the duralast ones, or go for some thicker gauge ones? 10mm? 7mm? 8mm?

Haha thanks man. I plan to have whole car painted and rust fixed soon.

Doing plugs and wires tomorrow, as well as cleaning MAF. I need some opinions for wires tho...should I bite bullet and take the duralast ones, or go for some thicker gauge ones? 10mm? 7mm? 8mm?

I personally stick with the good quality ngk's.

Tomorrow is the day it starts. I am going to start my cars modifications tomorrow. Should have it at least mostly done tomorrow...if not i am aiming to have everything off tomorrow and on by saturday. Pics to come

Hey everyone. I start the suspension swap last night. I am taking my time on it, making sure I can resuse all the bolts I can. I have the left rear side done, and have about a finger space gap.

However here is the typical "fml" part. Passenger rear is as follow:

new ss line, coil over, front and rear control arms, and trailing arm are installed...just need a lateral rod bolt. I have a control arm seized to it. I am going to try to free it up before buying a new one.

Fronts should go relatively quick. Doing the coil over and ss lines on front seems fast since I am nmessing with 5 bolts each side haha

Well folks here she is. 80mm front, and 105 mm rear. This is measured from between lock rings. The springs are all left at factory presets *and they are all equal)

Sway bar, mounts, bushings, links, 6 pc rear links kit, and coil overs, and stainless steel lines are all installed.

Please let me know what you think

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20130328/5image.jpg

Looks great, Kiyo, I like the stance. I bet it feels like a completely different car now. :)

Thanks Hemingway. I only backed it out and pulled it into my neighbors drive and back in. Tighter feel, and pretty smooth. I enjoyed the mr2 more (a few block drive and a few drifts). I'm getting an alignment on it tomorrow.

How's the feel? It looks awesome, I'm loving this thread. Development moving fast!

What lip is that?

Jake, thanks man. I am very happy on how it turned out. I didn't realize that people actually followed my thread. I won't be doing much to it after the alignment and flush of brake system. (Gave up bleeding haha). I want to do tints next and paint rims black.

As well, that is a 2006-2007 v-limited sti lip. The 04-05 won't fit (made that mistake)

Your car has come a long way since you've started. Everything about it is improved 100 fold. The mods were done pretty quickly too! I bet that car handles like it can read your mind!

Thanks man. I tried really hard. Since I have only a limited time in my "mod" time frame I had to do a lot quickly.

I got told I have bad inner tie rods, and a bad wheel bearing. Turns out the wheel bearing "noise" is a rock stock between the rotor and pad haha. So going to clean up brakes and get inner tie rods checked out.

It handles amazing! I cant wait to see how it handles when it is aligned and all.

Archived