LegacyGT.com

3.0R has turning circle of the moon

I realized that the 3.0R non-limited has a turning circle of 3.2 instead of what the Spec.B has of 2.6. I have driven a LGT and which has a turning circle of 2.8. I did felt a noticeable bit of difference as the turning is more responsive. I was wondering what I could do to change that. From my search, it seems that it is possible for me to swap the Spec.B steering rack into my 3.0R. But I also read that my camber toes does make a difference as well.

So, I am slightly confused about what does the camber toes does to the turning circle. Also, since looking for a Spec.B steering rack is pretty difficult, I was wondering how much does it cost to get a brand new rack and how much labor is required to put it in.

Any input is greatly appreciated! :D

Seems like you are talking about turns lock-to-lock.

The Spec B and LGT have the exact same rack. The difference in turns lock-to-lock is the wheel size on the SpecB. Because they are larger, the wheels physically can't turn as much. So bigger turning radius, and slightly smaller lock-to-lock number.

Not sure what camber toes sounds like camel toe... ;)

Camber and toe-in/toe-out are adjustments that can change how stable the car feels in a straight line, how readily it turns in, and how well it behaves in turns. Some fiddling can be done with stock components when you get an alignment.

Checkout: http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html for a basic overview.

Seems like you are talking about turns lock-to-lock.

The Spec B and LGT have the exact same rack. The difference in turns lock-to-lock is the wheel size on the SpecB. Because they are larger, the wheels physically can't turn as much. So bigger turning radius, and slightly smaller lock-to-lock number.

Not sure what camber toes sounds like camel toe... ;)

Camber and toe-in/toe-out are adjustments that can change how stable the car feels in a straight line, how readily it turns in, and how well it behaves in turns. Some fiddling can be done with stock components when you get an alignment.

Checkout: http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html for a basic overview.

Thanks for the input. I will definitely look into that. :)

Are you serious...?

Fewer hands = fewer turns... right? :spin:

I too am assuming you're talking about turns, not "turning circle" or "turning radius"...

There's a thread on here about a guy that got an aftermarket/custom-made steering rack... IIRC, it ran around $1000.

Tits mcgee

Fewer hands = fewer turns... right? :spin:

I too am assuming you're talking about turns, not "turning circle" or "turning radius"...

There's a thread on here about a guy that got an aftermarket/custom-made steering rack... IIRC, it ran around $1000.

Sorry about the confusion.

I didn't know that there is a difference turning circle and turning radius. I am basically saying what could be done to make the car turn physically faster (other than physically steer the faster).

I must have missed that thread. I only found a thread that someone asking about a swap of a Spec.B steering rack into an Outback. Do you have a link to the custom-made steering rack?

Maybe that was the thread I was referring to... is that different than what you're trying to accomplish?

It is the same as what I am trying to accomplish. But I saw a fellow member said something about camber/camel toe that it has great effects on what I am trying to accomplish. Which kinda threw me off.

Archived