LegacyGT.com

Sti Hood Scoop Mod.

G3nX09

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
As long as you like it, and don't try to justify it, nobody cares...

Just don't get all butt hurt when people give their opinions for putting yourself out there.

That's nice I am glad you approve... When it comes to hood scoops its a new area for me and most people. I am sure that if you had a wind tunnel and/or Dyno you could test the different size H/S on these cars or just get a FMIC like most who take their cars to the next level do. I think its pretty close to the same price or a little bit more money for a lot more gain.

With the Louvers I know they work and and been proven time and again.

That's nice I am glad you approve... When it comes to hood scoops its a new area for me and most people. I am sure that if you had a wind tunnel and/or Dyno you could test the different size H/S on these cars or just get a FMIC like most who take their cars to the next level do. I think its pretty close to the same price or a little bit more money for a lot more gain.

With the Louvers I know they work and and been proven time and again.

I assume you still haven't bothered to read the article on AutoSpeed.com regarding pressure gradients over the TMIC, and how you've reduced it, ultimately RAISING the intake temperature, REDUCING PERFORMANCE.

It's not that people are bothered by the fugliness of your mod, it's that you keep trying to claim it has a performance benefit (even though you have NO science to back up your assumptions), when really it's a proven detriment because you are lowering the air pressure above the intercooler by putting extra holes in your hood. In general, people don't look too fondly on those that post bad/incorrect information on here.

It seems what LieutenantDan said literally went in one ear and out the other. :lol:

And by the way, a dyno is the WORST place to test anything related to aero, as it is nothing close to real world driving, but you would know that if you read the AutoSpeed article.....airflow related mods need to be tested in a wind tunnel, or on the road....not in front of a fan on a dyno.

I find it unfathomable that OP has no concept of how pressure gradients draw air though his engine bay but seems to claim some sort of an improvement or gain.

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE WOULD REALLY HELP OP KEEP THOSE TEMPS "DOWN"?? Removing your engine undertray. That will allow a lot more air though too. :lol:

I assume you still haven't bothered to read the article on AutoSpeed.com regarding pressure gradients over the TMIC, and how you've reduced it, ultimately RAISING the intake temperature, REDUCING PERFORMANCE.

It's not that people are bothered by the fugliness of your mod, it's that you keep trying to claim it has a performance benefit (even though you have NO science to back up your assumptions), when really it's a proven detriment because you are lowering the air pressure above the intercooler by putting extra holes in your hood. In general, people don't look too fondly on those that post bad/incorrect information on here.

It seems what LieutenantDan said literally went in one ear and out the other. :lol:

Funny, the scoop comment was a joke. I did read the article about the TMIC on cars and the pressure issue.

And by the way, a dyno is the WORST place to test anything related to aero, as it is nothing close to real world driving, but you would know that if you read the AutoSpeed article.....airflow related mods need to be tested in a wind tunnel, or on the road....not in front of a fan on a dyno.

On the road it works, It pulls harder then before however slight and the louvers do what they were made for.

I do understand that cars with TMIC react differently to louvers then cars with out TMIC. To say they don't work is wrong and uninformed. I understand that you don't like how they look. They work and that's been proven, what a few of you have pointed out is how they work is different on TMIC cars compared to those with out TMICs.

Besides this should discussion should be taking place on the thread that was started on the Louvers.

On the road it works, It pulls harder then before however slight and the louvers do what they were made for.

I do understand that cars with TMIC react differently to louvers then cars with out TMIC. To say they don't work is wrong and uninformed. I understand that you don't like how they look. They work and that's been proven, what a few of you have pointed out is how they work is different on TMIC cars compared to those with out TMICs.

Again, as in the other thread, I'll ask, what is your definition of "proven"? Just saying that it's proven, doesn't mean anything. Some actual numbers would mean something. :rolleyes: If anything, there is more scientific evidence that shows you probably made your car slower if anything, not faster.

The very fact that you think the car "pulls harder THAN (not then) before" makes me think it's all in your head. Your louvers don't make your car pull any harder, or look any harder for that matter :lol:.

This was all fun and games when you were REDUCING the efficiency of your TMIC but now that you are acting like a douchebag by making COMPLETELY BASELESS and FALSE claims we are going to have to smack you down for real. It was already apparent that you not only did not read the article, if you did, you certainly did not understand it. AT ALL. Preventing the correct air pressures so that you are no longer drawing the same amount of air though your TMIC than you were before? Guess what, we dont need to drive your car OR test it to tell that is the case. WE READ THE ARTICLE.

I do understand that cars with TMIC react differently to louvers then cars with out TMIC. To say they don't work is wrong and uninformed. I understand that you don't like how they look.

You are right. They do what they are supposed to which is exactly contradictory to what the factory engineers did. Well done on being right.:rolleyes: DGAF. I dont like how they WORK. If they would have made us faster it would have done it long before you.

They work and that's been proven, what a few of you have pointed out is how they work is different on TMIC cars compared to those with out TMICs.

Lets see the logs and dynos from YOUR LGT. No? Didn't think so. What we pointed out is that you ruined the functionality of your TMIC.

Besides this should discussion should be taking place on the thread that was started on the Louvers.

You are the fool making false performance gain claims.

Archived