LegacyGT.com

high mileage? should i buy?

DieselClown

I'm looking to sell my 05 WRX for an 08,09 Spec B and noticed a few in the 80k mile range. Are they reliable, given that they're well maintained for? Any issues that I should be aware of? I'm starting a family and want something AWD, fun to drive, a bit more comfortable, and have just about given up on an S4 as I've read way too many problems with them. I'm not crazy about how the new legacies look so I'm looking strictly for a spec b with the 6 speed.

search "whose in it for the long haul" and 100k mile club

there are many high mileage gt's out there. I'm at 196k and still going strong.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Moderators

If you plan to mod a high mileage car is not that bad if you can find a deal. Example:

• Buy LGT for <8k
  • New turbo, downpipe, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler = $3500 (at the most, assuming process west IC and $1500 for turbo)
  • Sell old parts = -$500
  • Random other maintenance/fluids = $1000 (crazy high estimate if the car is in good shape
  • Tune = $450 for dyno
  • End result? You have a sickass stage 3+ car for $11.5k with a protune, new turbo, upgraded injectors, ungraded fuelpump, fantastic intercooler for less than $12.5k

#winnning.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

awesome thanks! Just wanted to get a sense of whether or not the legacies are the same in terms of reliability as my WRX. I'm trying to find an 08 or 09 spec b for the 6 speed.

The 6MT isn't the same 6MT in the STi, but it is still a sweet gearbox :)

A. Buddy of mine has get not spec b, but he pushes it constantly. Track days drag race and his daily driver. The only "repair" he has had to do was clutch work more frequint tune ups. He is at around 160K Nd the car feels great. He also dynod at 356hp and hold in strong.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived