LegacyGT.com

My Stage 2 Plan - critiques welcome

DeltaNu1142

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I did since it's short term. Infamous Stage 1 OTS via OpenSource. Since there are no revisions and it's something he pulls from his massive database, I had mine in 2 days after I paid (just make sure to give all the information he requires including elevation, octane rating, model, trans, and mods).

Well, I've been on the phone with Tactrix customer support & we've determined that my OP 2.0 is useless. They've sent another one, so I guess I'll be putting this off for another week or so...
Tits mcgee

• 2 weeks later...
I'm there... I've attained stage 2. I drove about 25 miles home after loading the new ROM. With the pipe, the exhaust volume has definitely increased (to my mild disappointment). My mileage went up +5 MPG, though... I haven't run it at WOT yet because I just wanted to see how it would run, and so far, so good.
Tits mcgee

• Moderators

Just the downpipe increased your exhaust volume? It shouldn't do much. The invidia made zero difference in exhaust volume, and the Cobb I have on there now seems to only make a tiny bit of difference.

If it seems significant you might want to check the DP-intermediate pipe connection for a leak.

Ignore me if you have an aftermarket CBE.

EDIT: enjoy stage 2!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm the 2nd owner of this car with 26k miles, and it came to me with a Magnaflow CBE...

Ignore me if you have an aftermarket CBE.

Consider yourself ignored. :D

Yes, it seems to have increased the volume with throttle. Idle tone was always deep with the CBE, and the volume has probably increased slightly at idle. My backfire pops are much more pronounced now, but they haven't increased in frequency & I think I'm running just a bit leaner. I'm going to have someone drive it by me so I can hear the volume from outside the cabin.

EDIT: enjoy stage 2!

Thanks!

Tits mcgee

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I submitted logs from my rev1 Infamous tune yesterday. Volume increased a LOT with the DP & I'm considering adding a Magnaflow muffler to the midpipe.

As far as performance goes, just with the rev1 tune, it's a different car. I'm getting no knocking with this tune that I can see (that's what LV shows, right?), and I've asked Shamar to keep the tune fairly conservative.

Loving using RomRaider, but I really wish I could log onto my iPhone. I can log to an SD card, but not at the resolution that RR provides with fast polling.

Tits mcgee

• 1 month later...
Yep. Done. 3" from the turbo to the Y. I took some photos, but the angle wasn't great. Most importantly, it sounds MUCH better. I prefer a silent, fast car to a loud, slow one.

Very nice! I may follow suit, although I am hoping for some low end rumble with my Magnaflow's just hope I can still talk on the phone at 3.5k RPM's. :)

Congrats!

Thanks--now that my car is quiet, I (kind of) miss the blaaaaaat it had. I would have loved it maybe 10 years ago, but it was too much for the wife & I was honestly embarrassed by it. I want a sleeper. I'd rather not be heard coming or going, unless I'm driving a McLaren.
Tits mcgee

Well, my wife my have something to say about it, but my 3 year old will love it! Loud Harley's, monster trucks, glass packs, I knows them all and always gets his head to turn. I may have a little speed demon on my hands, always pushing me to go faster faster faster. :D

Did the mid muffler effect your Stg 2 performance at all? Did you have to get it tuned again? I imagine if the restriction was near to none, that you didn't....just curious.

Archived