LegacyGT.com

HID Requirement in GT = see your optomestrist

The lights in the MY01 are really good so I can only imagine that the lights in the MY04 & 05 would be even better. Lets just be thankful that we dont have the HUGE driving lights as seen in the WRX. The next thing ppl will be doing is pimping out their driving lights with Xenon's. hmmmm there's an idea?

• 2 weeks later...
HIDs would be needed, especially for a Limited Edition.. Subaru has to comply with this. Afterall, it IS a high end car now. STi has them, JDM Legacy has them, why can't we have them here? I am trying to figure if the 2006 model have them as standard OR just get an 2005 and put a set on myself. Keefe
Keefe

Sorry about the Bugeyed comment Scubie, I knew that may have ruffled a few feathers. XenonK, my advice, buy yr car MY05 and pimp it out by putting in a Xenon system. Dont wait till MY06 and a MAYBE that it might b an option.

I'm a little disappointed in the LGT's headlights, but perhaps they just suffer in comparison to the HID's I had in my STi for the past year. After reading headlamp reviews on the 'net, the Sylvania (Osram) SilverStar H7 replacements seem to get higher marks than the VisionPlus. I'm going to buy a set of SilverStars and see if they make a difference worth paying $40 for. I'll share the results here... cheers, kenzo

Last night I finally had a chance to try out the headlights on my LGT wagon. Coming from a Forester with what I considered to be good performing headlights (H4 bulbs and a very sharp cutoffs), the LGT headlight performance was fantastic. The H7 and projecter beams make a huge difference. I personally don't see any need to go with HIDs. The foglights were aimed a little too low to be useful, however. Is there a way to change the aim? Ken

Well put Ken S, and throw on those brights and holy Bjesus you've lit up the next county too! The road lamps may be a little low, but they help show you the lines on the road with oncoming traffic. Those Projectors are AWESOME!

[quote name='kenzo'][quote name='CombatCQB']Kenzo, make sure you're getting the european silverstar and not the US ones.[/quote] Why, what's the difference? Thx, kenzo[/quote] The European ones are brighter due to the fact that they lack the colored coating that the US ones have, I believe.

Archived