LegacyGT.com

Its that time everyone, the clock has 51,000 miles on it but i'm going to do my 60K service because in 20 days I will be making the wonderful journey across the United States with my girlfriend (this will make or break the relationship) back home to Connecticut.

i don't have a car manual so from what i can deduct from reading online and forms is

08 Leggy 2.5I

60k Service

Coolant (will have done by Subaru Dealer switch to cool blue)

Brake Fluid (Probably will use Amsoil)

Transmission and Diff (Will use Amsoil)

Oil Change (Amsoil)

Fuel Filter? (i'm pretty sure we have one )

Air Filter (aka wash and re oil my K&N)

Spark Plugs (NGK)

Check all belts and hoses

also i'm gonna throw in a compression test to get a "baseline" for the 90K service

i have seen compression tests for the turbo guys with compression around 170s i believer (correct me if i'm wrong) what should use NA guys expect

tires are new

clutch is new (da*n TOB )

battery is new

does anyone have any other suggestion, things to accomplish

things to check. any other fluid brand recommendations

consider 2500 miles with no option for things to go wrong or repairs or unecessary stops

TOB failed in my 2.5i around 25K had the clutch pack replaced TWICE in a 30K mile period all under warranty. Good list here and if you have the 100K coolant from Subaru you could skip the flush service. Good list better to stay up on maintenance than to let it lag behind.

Never done the fuel filter, I think its on the fuel pump in the tank.

May be some day I'll do the brake fluid on the 05...

I changed the coolant out when I did the timing belt at about 96,000 miles. I use Prestone green 50/50.

Never changed the PS fluid either. Well except for the past 5 months or so it has been leaking and I've added about pint so I guess by now it's been changed ;)

Don't over think this.

How are the brake pads?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived