LegacyGT.com

Regretful Selling of 05 LGT. Buy Again?

Ddh1

Hey guys, I used to own a silver LGT with a carpc, and with the exception of the carpc, I loved it. Sold the car due to buying a house, only to find out I could've kept the car and still got the house...

So, I'm thinking about buying another legacy since not a day goes by that I don't miss my old legacy, and I'm just curious what you guys think, and I'm sure it will be mostly biased, lol. I'm stuck on the 07-08 tl type s, have been since before the LGT, but I'd have to save up for another year and convince the gf to let me buy one anyways, lol, but she knows I loved the legacy so I think I could pull it off. But... Here's what I'm thinking about doing since I want another legacy.

Save up for prob a year or so, then buy one of these 08s... Tls or spec b... Definitely leaning towards spec b, but I do love the legacy. And I really want a 6 speed and sunroof, lol.

My house payment is only 650 a month, have a roommate that pays 300 plus 1/3 utilities, and then the rest is split between me n my gf, so should be pretty easy to pull it off. Right now I'm driving a 97 Tacoma lx 2wd that we got for 1500 and I hate how gutless it is.

What would you guys do?

If it were me ... I'd just buy a Porsche. After utilities, it sounds like you're paying around $450-$500 a month for your home expenses! That's much less than half what I'm paying for rent! :lol:

I don't know where in Cali Jackson is, but holy freaking cheap. My mortgage and taxes for a cape (the type of house, not the region) about 30 minutes outside of Boston is 2100 a month.

I'd probably just get a used car loan and find the Legacy you want. Sinking 1500 + repairs into a temporary ride is pretty much like paying interest, except less fun because you're in a Toyota truck and not an AWD ball of turbo fun.

Lol, house was a foreclosure and that 650 per month is an impound so that includes all the property taxes and all. But ya, Jackson is in the middle of nowhere, like an hour from sac.

Here's my thing with the Acura, I've loved the interiors since the first time I got in one, probably near when they came out with the 04-08 body style, but then I bought the LGT and loved everything about it, and after reading about the options and figuring out what the s drive thing is, I want it even more, lol. I hear the nav on subies is pretty bad and the Acura is supposed to be better. Looks could go either way so I'm not worried bout that. When I had the LGT though, I had more feelings for that car than any other I've owned. Idk if itd be the same with the tls.

Another thing, I'd probably be more prone to modding the legacy than the tl which gets me in trouble with the gf... Stupid fun turbo... And one other thing is that I'm 21 so insurance isn't great for me yet, lol. I think progressive was running like 330 a month for a quote for my truck, her focus, and a tls. That's with the homeowner discount and multiple car and whatever else.

Oh, and the reason I bought the Toyota is cuz after I sold the LGT, I bought an integra and sold it 2 months later (don't wanna talk about it...) and then I was stuck drivin my 74 ford f100 that gets 8mpg. Toyota gets 21-22 in town and is worth at least double what I paid.

So all in all, no Porsche because insurance would be ridiculous. Lol

I'd probably just get a used car loan and find the Legacy you want. Sinking 1500 + repairs into a temporary ride is pretty much like paying interest, except less fun because you're in a Toyota truck and not an AWD ball of turbo fun.

No kidding on the cheap housing. I don't know about the new Toyota trucks but my first car was a Toyota truck, I put 60k miles on it (got it with 100k) and it was most reliable vehicle I have owned, I did $45 in repairs in that time period. I was able to save up some good money while owning it.

The toyota had 216k when I bought it, like 219k now. No problems and I don't see any coming, I just miss my legacy, lol. I'm the type of person to go through a car a year and never same car twice, till this one probably.

If you guys have other suggestions, I'm listening. And gire, I thought you liked the LGT? That statement almost seems like it'd be better to go a different route. Like "I'd rather have this, but if you must get that..." just wording. If I buy another, I'm gonna wait for an 08 spec b. Only thing I don't like all that much is the weird rear bumper insert things...

Archived