LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT 5-Speed Wagon

jri

It's true.

In fact my neighbor is looking at a Grey "2008" LGT wagon at Richmond Subaru today.

It's an AUTO but beggers can't be choosers.

they want too much money for it but he is going to go in with 22k all in as an offer, if he's satisfied with the test drive and records.

We canucks import USA cars all the time.

Yes, used car prices in the States are about 50-70% of what the comparable car is up here. We pay more / get hosed up here in Canada.

We are such nice people that we bend over and say 'thank you sir! May I have another?'

if you could stomach paying 22K for a used 2007 or 2008 LGT wagon, then I would think it's as easy to bring it in to the States as it is in canada.

A small certification fee, making sure it adheres to your laws (whatever differences they might be....) and you would be golden.

Of course everyone on this site will mock you for paying 'that much' for a used LGT.

Look at Harry's modded Spec B for sale right now in Vanvoucer / on this site. 3 billion posts here saying he's on crack and the price is too high.....

Yet if i needed another LGT tomorrow I'd likely throw 35K at him and if he took it, I'd think I had a pretty awesome car for the money.

You Americans think his car is worth 20K TOPS. Or less.

it's all relative.

/rant.

It's true.

In fact my neighbor is looking at a Grey "2008" LGT wagon at Richmond Subaru today.

It's an AUTO but beggers can't be choosers.

they want too much money for it but he is going to go in with 22k all in as an offer, if he's satisfied with the test drive and records.

How many km if you dont mind me asking. I have been wondering what mine is worth but I dont see many for sale.

I've never tried, but I don't think it is too difficult or expensive to import a car into the US (if it is already DOT and EPA compliant):

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/import%20a%20car/sno/1

do you guys think the total cost would be obsurd if a car bought in canada is brought into the states?

Hey forum, I was wasting some time on Auto Trader, and saw this:

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Subaru/Legacy/TORONTO/Ontario/19_5223742_/

Canada must have continued to offer a 5-speed LGT Wagon after the US discontinued it....

hmm, it's got 07 wheels, radio and SI drive but 05 front ? Interesting... And yes, Canada had GT Wagon for 1 more year than US...

With the current US/Canadian currency exchange rate it is good for Canadians to buy cars in US, and not so much the other way around.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

do you guys think the total cost would be obsurd?

Absurd.

if you could stomach paying 22K for a used 2007 or 2008 LGT wagon... Of course everyone on this site will mock you for paying 'that much' for a used LGT.

Personally can't stomach. Got a loaded OBXT 5mt with similar mileage for 16k and that felt expensive. Bought the LGT unlim 5mt for under 25k new. (Yet I can dump 10k in aftermarket parts without pause:redface:). Didn't Naylor pay over 20k for Merv's wagon? Im sure he did.

Look at Harry's modded Spec B for sale right now... 3 billion posts here saying he's on crack/price is too high..... if i needed another LGT tomorrow I'd likely throw 35K at him and if he took it, I'd think I had a pretty awesome car for the money.

I'll ship you mine for less than 35k Gire:p

Us Canadians think his car is worth more than 30k

Fixed ;)

hmm, it's got 07 wheels, radio and SI drive but 05 front ? Interesting... And yes, Canada had GT Wagon for 1 more year than US...

With the current US/Canadian currency exchange rate it is good for Canadians to buy cars in US, and not so much the other way around.

'05 is '07 on the front end. :confused:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Nope, the headlights went all-chrome in 2006 and stayed that way. It's a 2007.

IIRC, the LGT Wagon in Canada was available in a manual in 2008 and might have been in 2009 as well.

I don't think they made the wagon in Canada in 09.... I don't recall ever seeing one or hearing about one.

But there are a few Canucks on this board who have 2008 turbo wagons, and yes they are enthusiasts who bought the manual version.

They are super rare.... to us forum geeks. But that doesn't mean they will hold or 'appreciate' in value anymore than a normal Subaru would.

It's not a Ferrari 250 we're talking aboot.:lol:

Yes. I was informed YEARS ago that the spec.B was the ultimate man made machine (even though it's made by specially trained Japanese Leprechauns who are native to the land of the rising sun) that ever existed.

So again... wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? :eek:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived