LegacyGT.com

How does this look, learning view, thanks!

2manysubies

That's quite bizarre... I got my cable from Infamous Performance and didn't have any issues whatsoever. My guess is your cable has been made with some slightly different hardware and EcuFlash is just having trouble recognizing it. I wish there was an easier way to identify the "good" cables from the bad ones (or the ones with mystery hardware/drivers).

You could always ask in the FS/WTB area if anyone wants to sell their vag-com cable. Might be worth a try, and could save you a few bucks.

Don't use ecuflash to 'test' your connection. Use LV and/or RR. ECUFlash is picky about the driver/cable combination.

The newer vagcom cables like the one you have will only work with a certain older version of ECUflash... I'm not sure if 1.29 or 1.27 is the correct one.

I was fortunate enough to get the vagcom cable a while back before they changed the internals, so I can use the latest ecuflash and lv and RR using the drivers I linked.

Thanks folks, LV works fine, that's it. Nothing else, RR or ecu flash, it was a cheap e-bay cable, no real loss $$ wise, 'xept everybody's time, which is quite valuable, my apologies to all that helped. NOW, get a tactrix cable(I'm really nervous about a cable purchase lately, HATE to have the same thing happen), really don't wanna spend $595 on a cobb AP either, just want things to work, besides, My Wife will KILL ME DEAD, I already ordered a PW TMIC this week. Tale a vote, all that commented or helped, do you think the Tactrix will work and which one do I need?

Thanks in advance!

Mac

Tactrix should work. If you're using your laptop, you can get the cheapest tactrix and it'll be fine. If you get the more expensive one (v3 I think) it can log to an SD card without a laptop...

However, I don't think the logging that it does is as high resolution as the RR fast-polling logging is, but I could be wrong.

I'm still pretty irked that your cable doesn't work with RR or ECUFlash... :(

I have read that the cheaper cables have spotty usability because RomRaider is supported by Tactrix. The definitions are made specifically for Tactrix/RomRaider. Some people have no problems with the cheaper cables, and others run into RR not recognizing the cable. I went with the Tactrix 2.0 cable. I have never had problems with it. I have been Infamous'd tuned since 2009 and love it.

Ridge and iNVAR and others that helped, tried the ECUFLASH driver from 1.29, no luck, could only see LV. So as I sit in the car, contemplating, I uninstall ECUFLASH V1.29 and install the newer ECUFLASH, (ver 1.42.2595) I figure new cable=new software, what the heck, software found the cable, installed the driver, tested on LV, works good, Plugged the green cables in, startrd ECUflash, checked com port speed, pressed the red "read" icon...BAM took a few min. but it copied my original flash from my ecu,(.hex) I saved it of course. so now ecuflash is working!! RR is not yet but I'm sure I just have to get the software right, it's been changed so many times during attempts at getting the cable to work. More to come!

Mac

• Mega Users
I have read that the cheaper cables have spotty usability because RomRaider is supported by Tactrix. The definitions are made specifically for Tactrix/RomRaider. Some people have no problems with the cheaper cables, and others run into RR not recognizing the cable. I went with the Tactrix 2.0 cable. I have never had problems with it. I have been Infamous'd tuned since 2009 and love it.

Most of the problems seem to be computer related.

Archived