LegacyGT.com

Consistant trouble with my E-tune

paintpollz

I had no idea the ecu had logic to interpret and/or predict OL fueling trims because the narrowband is clearly not designed for WOT monitoring. I did not know range D means that much percentage is changed from there on and higher ranges. Good to know

For one thing, the MAF scaling on later models is deliberately on the side where the car will normally run richer than called for in the tables and let the ECU trim fuel leaner in CL, based off the values the O2 sensor reads. For another, the logic is set up to use the D-range trim in OL because it's assumed that any condition that exists in CL to cause the system to run either rich or lean, whether mechanical or through climatic conditions, will still be present in OL and both could and should be compensated for. In the absence of reliable input from the O2 sensor the best data available is the calculated trim from range D, and applying that is better than just reading from the table and applying the temperature compensations alone.

At least that seems to be what Subaru was thinking...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. I love having a wideband, there's no question or wondering what you're doing while wot. at the moment, and I think I need to tweak the scaling, I'm running 11.3 WOT where my targets are 11.13. :lol: No knock so I'm procrastinating.

• Mega Users
Harbor Freight sells Viton (fuel rated) o-rings in a kit. Never checked, but there might be the proper size for fuel injectors in there.

I'll be putting an order in for a Clutch and some other goodies soon. Promise.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users

Everytime I try to launch the road dyno airboy thing in RR it says the defninitions can't be found or something.

anything special way to do this on a WinXP?

• Mega Users

i did and extracted it in the RR directory. Still comes up with that error message. I think I'm just going to have to dig into the RR forum to see whats going on.

Wait, I said I said WinXP, I meant Win Vista. Vista blowwwws.

Archived