LegacyGT.com

Enkei Raijin

teamchambers

Are you lowered, and what offset are you going for? Coilovers or strut/springs? C/Os will be your best bet for 9.5's, but you'll probably still need at least a roll in the rear and a roll/pull in the front + neg camber.

It will be stock suspension. Yikes camber? no thanks I could also go a 235 then be set right?

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be stock suspension. Yikes camber? no thanks I could also go a 235 then be set right?

It's going to look riced out on stock suspension.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

235 on 9.5 is stretched and your wheels will be poking out of the fenders, combined with the fender-gap = rice

If the car was lowered you could claim hellaflush with that setup but at factory ride-height it's just "doing it wrong".

So it looks like the 5x100 18x9.5 Raijins only came in +45 offset. Stock suspension or not, you're likely to have issues clearing the front strut's lowering spring perch and rubbing of the fender.

You might be able to avoid rubbing the strut housing with 235's, but it'll look stretched on 9.5" wheels.

Running some negative camber is fine (I'm running -2*F/-1.5*R), but it'll definitely take some fender work and additional hardware to run those wheels with properly-fitted tires without going stance-nation.

From my own experience, I'm running 18x8.5+45 Raijins with 245/40's that fit like 255's. I needed to roll my rears, roll/slight pull my front, Whiteline Com-C top hats for additional front camber adjustment, 3mm spacers all around to clear the front struts' lower spring perch + wheel symmetry, and a Whiteline rear camber adjustment kit (KCA399) to dial in more camber.

I am running Raijins 18X9.5 et45 on 245/40. This is after they were installed back in January. No rubbing. I think 1.3 all the way around. Lowered on BC Racings.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=9156

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=9154

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=9155

• 1 year later...
I don't have a set, but from my research that should fit without a roll.

Ahh that would be excellent, I was unaware a 235 could fit without rolling. I wonder is it has to do with the specific tire used as there is variation between brands. Just like how a Nike 11 = a Reebok 10.5.

I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in 225/40/18 on a 7.5 et48 wheel and I'm amazed they don't rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hey code, what did you end up doing about the rubbing after you put on the offset LCA bushings? Was it just a simple roll of the fenders to fix it?

I'm thinking about running almost the same setup you have... Just ordered the RCE T1's yesterday! In the next week i plan on order some Raijins and every whiteline bushing available!

Archived