LegacyGT.com

1 piece to 2 piece headlights 97 LGT

I have a 97 LGT sedan with the 1 piece headlights. If i want to go with 2 piece headlights i read you have to change bulbs/wiring? Is that the only change necesary? Do the 2 piece lights bolt right up even though my car has 1 piece?

And last but not least can somebody explain to me what has to change with the bulbs and wiring?

The two piece look better only for the fact that they have a clear lens and the one piece assemblies are refractor lenses.. But the problem is that they are in two pieces and that doesn't look so good. So, it's just all up to what you prefer.

The amber bulbs are the same but the low/high bulb is different. Just look it up on advance auto's website..

thanks guys! I thought it was a fairly simple change

The headlamp bulbs and sockets are different from one piece to two piece. Just wire the sockets on and you are good to go. The corners use the same bulbs/sockets.

^^ so then these guys are not just plug and play for (let's say) a 99 legacy that has the two piece lights. The sockets are different and don't plug into the older one piece lights?

^^ so then these guys are not just plug and play for (let's say) a 99 legacy that has the two piece lights. The sockets are different and don't plug into the older one piece lights?

I think they would be plug and play on a 99. I am looking into 2 piece lights from a 99. The bulbs are different on my 97 but on a 99 id imagine they'd be the same.

If this helps anybody i recently learned that from 1/97-4/97 the legacy had one piece lights and from 5/97 on they were two piece

• 10 months later...

Archived