LegacyGT.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted a reliable car that took regular. Why would I want two cars that take 93? I don't race my legacy, I daily drive it, take my girlfriend places, go to work, blah blah. I wanted a car that took regular and got good gas mileage, you saying that I would prefer to put 93 in my daily drive just doesn't make any sense.

I would daily drive my other car but it has a return style fuel system and I don't have a pump controller so the pump runs at full duty cycle all the time, and it gets hot. Plus I have it in my shop right now because my supercharger has been giving me issues and I'm getting it fixed under warranty through kenne bell.

It's a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria that I built an iron block dual overhead cam 4.6L v8 for. (essentially a cobra motor) Forged internals, kenne bell supercharged, custom return style fuel system, custom made KOOKS longtube headers, custom 3" exhaust with a bassani x-pipe and bassani mufflers, 15 gallon fuel cell in the trunk. Made ~425rwhp with an eaton supercharger and ~625rwhp with the kenne bell.

Nice, I was a member of crownvic.net, my first car was a P71 1995 :lol:

Hell yeah! My username is "Ari" on crownvic.net also lmao. I'm an active member. Mine a 2003 p71, got it from Wisconsin, has a little bit of hail damage. A true sleeper.... except for the exhaust, visible fuel pump hanging slightly down below the rear bumper, the drag radials, and the whine of the supercharger. Hahhaha.

There's a guy with a built block sohc 4.6L, custom turbo kit, e85, making over 650rwhp. ;-) He's my main competition.... or I guess I'm his main competition now that he makes more power than I do!

I need to redo the transmission and rearend before I'd be able to make any more power. I'm already lucky I haven't blown the trans. :-/ I'm thinking of doing a 6 speed swap but that's a whole different nightmare. Fml.

Best. Transmission. Ever. Hahahahaha. It's literally unbelievable how it's still not exploded. I need to either build it again to handle wayyyyy more power or do a 6 speed swap. I'm just hoping it holds out for now.

lol

http://carhumor.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-nerd-yo-dawg-turbo-in-turbo-boost-power-300x240.jpg

Is that sort of like this?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i17/paulvolk/twinturbo_large.jpg

Ford's new ecoboost engines in their trucks take regular, that's a turbocharged v6. But generally only N/A cars take regular because most N/A cars don't have high compression engines and don't need the extra octane rating.

Ford's new ecoboost engines in their trucks take regular, that's a turbocharged v6. But generally only N/A cars take regular because most N/A cars don't have high compression engines and don't need the extra octane rating.

Sort of... if you read EcoBoost threads people aren't having great luck with 87...

From the owner's manual:

3.5L V6 EcoBoostTM engine

Your vehicle is designed to run on regular fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher. For best overall performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel will be most noticeable in hot weather or in severe duty applications such as towing a trailer.

Turbo or N/A both can require premium fuel. Many factors determine the octane requirement. 92-94 dodge viper only had 9.1:1 compression ratio and required 91 or higher while My cr-v has 9.6:1 and uses 87.

Sort of... if you read EcoBoost threads people aren't having great luck with 87...

From the owner's manual:

3.5L V6 EcoBoostTM engine

Your vehicle is designed to run on regular fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher. For best overall performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel will be most noticeable in hot weather or in severe duty applications such as towing a trailer.

That's funny cause Ford says the taurus with eco boost requires premium. I wonder if Ford knew that the trucks need 91, but stated 89 or higher to boost sales

Just aboutevery experience ive had on this forum with turbo guys has been bad, i try and give advice and they make fun of me! When all is said and done im proud to be n/a. The n/a people are great very helpful and will not look down on you. Is it just me or do you guys feel the same?

You should read some of the threads in the turbo sections, guys get hated and clowned on just as bad!

Its your car, you pay for it, don't worry what other people say about it.

Just aboutevery experience ive had on this forum with turbo guys has been bad, i try and give advice and they make fun of me! When all is said and done im proud to be n/a. The n/a people are great very helpful and will not look down on you. Is it just me or do you guys feel the same?

I dont recall any bad experiences with any turbo members, but I guess it really depends on the situation. I'm not sure what they did to you or what you've done to them :lol:

I've PM'd a few turbo members with wheel, suspension, and brake advice and they responded respectfully.

That said, I'm definitely a proud N/A owner. It's my sensible daily driver and my Auto-X machine starting next month.

some of the ridicule is understandable when, on a weekly basis 16yo n/a owners come onto the boards asking to swap their 4EAT trannys out and what kind of turbos and power mods they should start running on their mommy's car. shit is maddening even for me. it's one of the reasons i created the FAQ with N.Sane

but Vinny78, don't know why you would have gotten any flak, most of your posts have been reasonable with intelligent inquiries that display good mechanical aptitude.

Archived