LegacyGT.com

m3 vs stg2 LGT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True story. I once passed a Dodge Viper in a minivan. I even have a video of it, coming back from Indianapolis after an F1 race in early 2000s.

This thread is worthless. The M3 will most of our cars alive. And those of us that have cars that can take on an M3 have spent on the Legacy enough money that they should have bought an M3 in the first place. Because they still have a Subaru as opposed to a Bee-Em-Double-You.

We may not beat an m3 in racing or on the track but at least ours is cheaper and sound's so much better. The unequal length header, flat engine, 1,3,2,4 firing order boxer rumble. I love it and many other people including exhaust shops love the boxer rumble. They even told me to rev it and recorded a video of me driving by when I did my tbe exhaust. This makes me want to go and fire her up and drive it but me has no point B destination

We may not beat an m3 in racing or on the track but at least ours is cheaper and sound's so much better. The unequal length header, flat engine, 1,3,2,4 firing order boxer rumble. I love it and many other people including exhaust shops love the boxer rumble. They even told me to rev it and recorded a video of me driving by when I did my tbe exhaust. This makes me want to go and fire her up and drive it but me has no point B destination

Sounds better? Really? :lol:

The Subaru H4 sounds like a tractor engine compared to the 4.0L V8 in a current M3. Tractor engine vs. shrieking V8 that redlines at around 8K.... yeah I'm going with the V8.

Don't forget the E92 M3 with a 4.6L stroker in it. Please try not to jizz in your pants too hard...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TreAT-mhleI]E92 M3 - RDSport 4.6L Stroker + Meisterschaft GT2 Mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

I think its interesting that one car costs what...$80-$120k and prob has a $2-$3k exhaust among other tens of thousands of dollars in mods. And the other car costs $15k with a straight pipe exhaust costing $200. Great comparison.

On a budget of $30k into an 09 specB I bet it might be interesting...

But the question wasnt which one is cheaper to build It was which one sounds better and although I do like the boxer rumble compared to other 4 cylinders v8s sound so damn nice and they all have different sounds depending on materials used, size, firing order, exhaust design etc.

The sound of one pulling....

I need that in my life. In sedan form, please.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Mega Users

I along with others are confused as to the grounds of these discussions. Voicing opinions can be good and whatnot, but in reality, this is apples vs. oranges.

coupe vs. sedan

german vs. jap - can be a good discussion

inline motors vs. h blocks

sporty family car vs. road legal race horse

awd vs. rwd

the obvious list goes on. I am however stoked to have seen that m3 with the stroker kit. christ.

LGT vs. c63 AMG Black Series.-omg wtf

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

That RS-46 stroker kit costs $32.9k!!!!!!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Mega Users
That RS-46 stroker kit costs $32.9k!!!!!!

Meh, too expensive. I'd rather buy an E46 for 20k, send it to HPF for another 20k for a stage 2 package, and have a 480-620 whp beast.

I wonder if HPF will come out with a turbo option for the E92s soon

Those are fun youtube videos to watch.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Meh, too expensive. I'd rather buy an E46 for 20k, send it to HPF for another 20k for a stage 2 package, and have a 480-620 whp beast.

I wonder if HPF will come out with a turbo option for the E92s soon

Those are fun youtube videos to watch.

Eitherway those are insane costs. Those BMW engine cost a penny or two to mod. You can build entire engines plus custom turbo kit and tuning for 20k on some engines and make gobs more power. Those BMW owners know this, but they have money and wat a crazy fast BMW so those companies make there money off of those rich bastards.

Archived