LegacyGT.com

shark fin antenna

So does anyone know how the antenna is set up - is it housed inside the shark fin so that you could purchase the outer part of the shark fin separately from Subaru, or is it a complete assembly? I can't find it on any of the parts diagrams on suparupartswarehouse or other similar sites. I want to paint mine, but would rather not have to pull the headliner, etc. before I try and paint - I'd rather buy a new cover, paint it, then install when I get a chance...

it should be inside your rear glass. the lines above the defroster lines is your antenna. unless you have satellite radio or are satellite radio ready, you won't have anything on your roof. if you are, there should be a small box on the roof which is the sat. radio antenna.

it should be inside your rear glass. the lines above the defroster lines is your antenna. unless you have satellite radio or are satellite radio ready, you won't have anything on your roof. if you are, there should be a small box on the roof which is the sat. radio antenna.

Um - no. Beginning with the 2011 model year, Subaru started using a shark-fin antenna for the XM radio. (the regular radio antenna is still on the rear glass, but the XM is not)

Um - no. Beginning with the 2011 model year, Subaru started using a shark-fin antenna for the XM radio. (the regular radio antenna is still on the rear glass, but the XM is not)

I agree. 99% of the cars on the road with xm have this setup (shark fin is for sat radio only).

there are paints that do not interfere with signals. We specify these for certain products at work. But agreed, should have been done factory.

It's just cheaper to churn out black plastic shark fins vs. color matching them.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

uhm - yeah. isn't that what i just said? sorry if i said box instead of "shark fin". :rolleyes:

uhm - yeah. isn't that what i just said? sorry if i said box instead of "shark fin". :rolleyes:
Sorry - I read box, and figured you were referring to the 2010 where they had the antenna as a box fastened to the inside of the window.

As an aside, every LGT since 2011 has the shark fin - it was the explanation about when you should/should not have the antenna that threw me.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Bringing this back from the dead...one's with asterisks (*) are confirmed parts numbers:

86321AJ72AP4 = Venetian Red Pearl*

86321AJ72ABI = Twilight Blue Metallic

86321AJ72AB8 = Deep Indigo Pearl

86321AJ72AI3 = Deep Bronze Metallic

86321AJ72ATR = Ice Silver Metallic*

86321AJ72AV3 = Crystal Black Silica

86321AJ72AL6 = Carbide Gray Metallic

86321AJ72AWH = Satin White Pearl

86321AJ72AG5 = Tungsten Metallic?

86321AJ72AL8 = Unpainted?

Archived