LegacyGT.com

4th gen vs 5th gen Legacy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to be honest i didn't like the 5th gen at all but it kinda grew on me. i still love my 06 though and i wouldn't trade it for a 12. now a 12 STI 5 door im in for lol. actually after my leggy is paid off i think then ill get a STI and have both

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

Not to hijack the thread, but given that the relative comparison of the 4thG to the 5thG, when do you think we will see reasonably firm information about the 6th generation legacy? Presuming that it will be onsale in the US in the Summer of 2014, is it fair to think that in the Summer of 2013 that we should know solid information about the 6thG?

Fact, rumor, speculation? Bit of all three?

All-New Subaru WRX: What to Expect (Motor Trend, Feb. 6, 2012)

From the article:

Senior staffers laid out roadmap though 2015 for potential investors.

New models:

• 2011: (completed) all-new Impreza
  • 2012: BRZ and Forester
  • 2013: Exiga minivan
  • 2014: all-new WRX and a brand new sport wagon
  • 2015: all-new Legacy

New tech:

• Stage 1: (completed) DI 2.0L for BRZ
  • Stage 2: DI turbo variant of 2.0L FA20
  • Stage 3: High-powered H4 turbo for new WRX. Capacity not final. Source says they're leaning towards 1.6L turbo based on FA20, w/ lean-burn tech.

Expected (rumored?) 3-door hatch and sedan for new WRX. Rumored electric feature on new turbo to improve efficiency, eliminate lag.

Reaction -

• No mention of the (new) XV?
  • I didn't think the new Forester was arriving this year. Unless they mean production starts this year, and we see it launch early next year.
  • Is Exiga coming to U.S., or just a new version for Japan and Australia?
  • I guess the "brand new sport wagon" is based on the Advanced Tourer concept.
  • Has a 3-door WRX been in the rumor mill lately?

The 5th Gen has grown on me, but the only way I'd replace my Gen4 with one is if it were a Outback 3.6R, lowered with an exhaust. I'd miss the boost though.

I like the 3.6R's... especially b/c they take regular fuel. Too bad you can't get them with a manual though. That is a deal breaker for me!

I love our LGT wagon. However the room of the 5th generation is so much more pleasant as a car and especially rear egress with loading kids. However the 5th generation feels so cheap in look and feel compared to 4th generation.

The 4th generation Legacy is an anomaly for Subaru, a good looking car interior and exterior.

^I sure as hell hope not. Subaru is getting entirely too SUV to be Subaru. This is the company that as far as I'm concerned has always been the ANTI-SUV, the forrester was always the crossover for people who didn't want an suv, now it is an suv. The outback was always a sedan with a bit more room and ground clearance, now thats an suv too. If they start making any more suvs and they don't come out with another actual sport wagon(meaning a proper manual transmission option), not a crossover, then this will most likely be the last Subaru that I will ever own. :-(

Because it would make more sense to dump money going rotated than it would to go 5thG.

Not necessarily. I know I have no want of a huge rotated Subaru, but a super fast spooling, low end torquey sombitch is awesome.

Look at all those guys running JDM twinscrolls. They don't do it for the top end.

Archived