LegacyGT.com

NEED a valet map NOW

That's all that key does.

does not open the trunk and glove box

Scruit: I think you should demand a refund at this point since it's clear they don't know what they're doing. If they have half a brain, they'd give it to you just so you'd go away; especially since you have proof they ragged on your car.

Ask for a refund. If they don't give one to you then you can file a complaint with the attorney generals office. The service you payed for was an alignment, part of an alignment on our cars is adjusting the camber bolt. They arn't providing that service, so you have every right to a refund.

Got my car back. Done properly this time. I can tell the camber bolt has been moved (the little dab of elmer's glue I put between the nut and strut is gone now - it was still there after the first alignment attempt) Doesn't wander or pull, and all the measurements are dead-center in the acceptable ranges.

Got a free oil change too. To make up for the tech selecting 2nd gear like he was pull-starting a lawn mower.

Meh, if I have any trouble with 2nd or 4th from now on then I have plenty documentation.

This is why I do all of my own work.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I desperately looked for ways to align my own front end..... didn't end with practical results. I want to use a level to measure my camber and then determine (if each tie rod is equideistant) the amount of on/out toe i want bu adjusting each side equally. Of course, I don't know the length of each side's tie rod to start with. I'd make them equidistant then calculate how many turns equal a degree change in tire direction

I've done floor alignments before. Some string, some paper, and a level can get you REALLY close if you know how to do math.

XenonK and I did the alignment on my old car in his garage. Took it to the shop after to check on the rack, and it was spot on.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Agreed... I have one shop that I go to for alignments if I have to but I normally try to do them myself since I know how to do it.

But as others have said, Pull all WGDC or you can also drop the target boost table and or just make the throttle response only 10% as said... Which ever is easier. I would overwrite all the SI-Drive tables with a 15% tp max if I was worried.

Any write ups?

Not really.

Use a digital level to measure camber (he had two brackets he made so it would stand off of the rim. Zero it on the floor, then check camber.

Toe is measurable by using string and some jack stands. Tie the string to the jackstands, and pull it taught (a foot or so behind the rear tire, and a foot ahead of the tire). Since you know the F/R track of the car, you know how to make the string parallel to the centerline of the car. Measure from the hub to the string and make sure you account for the difference in track. Then, measure the front of the rim to the string, and the rear of the rim to the string. That'll give you toe.

It's pretty easy, really.

Agreed... I have one shop that I go to for alignments if I have to but I normally try to do them myself since I know how to do it.

But as others have said, Pull all WGDC or you can also drop the target boost table and or just make the throttle response only 10% as said... Which ever is easier. I would overwrite all the SI-Drive tables with a 15% tp max if I was worried.

or unplug the boost controler

or take the lever off the wastegate arm

or stuff a rag in the air intake

or block of wood under the gas pedal

but even with no boost they can do hard shifting and 6 k launches.

but limiting the throttle would make them pretty much unable to do anything.

or 25 mph speed limiter

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

man... i wish i could put a camera on my car, but that'd mean i'd have to walk in to work everyday... :(

If you work in an environment where cameras are not permitted you could install a switch to turn the system off.

If you work in an environment where cameras are not permitted you could install a switch to turn the system off.

you could call it that. I work at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport, in Newport RI. It's a US Navy research, development, test and evaluation center (RDT&E) for underwater warfare systems (torpedos, sonar, towed sensor arrays, anti-mine warfare, Unmanned Undersea Vehicles (UUVs), etc).

'switching it off' wouldnt work... stand alone cameras aren't allowed thru the gates, until last oct/nov cameraphones werent allowed thru the gates either, now they have to remain locked in you car. cars with backup cameras are only allowed as they do not record. C'est la vie..

I'm planning to get an accessport with my refund money, then i'll just do a valet map when anyone else would be driving my car.

LOL, what's OPSEC?

Gotta love a secure work environment.

OP, i'da had that little shit fired. It seems like kids have no respect for other people's property, it would have been a hard but well-deserved lesson.

A slap on the wrist might not deter future shenanigans with someone else's car.

I could suck start a snow blower.

LOL, what's OPSEC?

Gotta love a secure work environment.

OP, i'da had that little shit fired. It seems like kids have no respect for other people's property, it would have been a hard but well-deserved lesson.

A slap on the wrist might not deter future shenanigans with someone else's car.

OPSEC? hmm.. never heard that term before. :p

yeah, it has it's trade-offs. no exgfs can stalk me at work, shit if they even try to camp outside the gate navy police will make them leave if not arrest them, no expensive unlimited data plan on my flashy new iphone4s/droid (i have a special ordered blackberry bold with no camera), etc.. but then i cant have any kind of camera in my car, nothing that can be classified as a 'weapon', etc..

buuttttt i digress....

+100 on having that tool fired. I have no respect for someone who treats other's property like that. And under these circumstances, I wouldn't find it hard to blame the shifting problem on that kid. ..probably learned to drive watching fast&the furious :eek:

Archived