LegacyGT.com

access to rear with equipment

Um...maybe I should have rephrased that.

Anyhoo,

Does anyone who has this car have input regarding whether or not it is difficult to place and/or grab heavy items from the back seat. I ask in the context of the rear quarter window that juts out and seems to block access to where the seat backs are located.

If I were to place and retrieve some heavy items (thirty pound boxes, for example) in the back seat, would I have difficulty because the rear of the back seat isn't flush with an open space as it is with most other vehicles? Thanks for responses...

Ok, I've fixed one misspelled word, not that it'll help. What I'm trying to get at is this:

In my altima, when I open the back door I have full access to the back seat. As I remember the legacy when I saw it (and from pictures) the quarter panel window acts as on overhang and obstructs the back seat in the top portion. I need to transport stuff, and some of it heavy. I'm concerned that it will be hard on my back because I can't just 'swing' stuff into place onto the back seat. Instead, I will have to 'manoeuver' it into place because of the window overhang. I'm curious if others have difficulty.

Why not consider the wagon. It's a good looking car too. Cargo room was important to me. I went with the wagon and have not been disappointed. You get a large, flat surface with the rear seats folded down and you have the versatility of combining seating and cargo room with the 60 / 40 folding rear seats.

Wagon not wanted. Gym would not help. I can lift the equipment, I just want to be able to swing it onto the back seat without it hitting a window. Still appreciate user responses....

i guess you'll just be destroying your rear seat then.

how about the trunk?

Wagon not wanted. Gym would not help. I can lift the equipment, I just want to be able to swing it onto the back seat without it hitting a window. Still appreciate user responses....

destroy your back? gym no help? I usually don't whore my self out but perhaps you need to come see me. :D Lift with your legs, not your back.

don't those seats in the sedan fold down? if so won't that take care of your clearance problem?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived