LegacyGT.com

Help choosing a DP

lmlght14

Why not go with the CNT Downpipe? I love mine on my 2008 Legacy GT auto and it will save you some money.

that appears to be the route i will be taking

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

My only advice is to buy a better set of gaskets, the one's that come with the downpipe are pretty crappy. I bought some Grimmspeed gaskets just to be on the safe side. My installer was really impressed with the Catted CNT Downpipe, fitment and quality.

My only advice is to buy a better set of gaskets, the one's that come with the downpipe are pretty crappy. I bought some Grimmspeed gaskets just to be on the safe side. My installer was really impressed with the Catted CNT Downpipe, fitment and quality.

Yeah i figured the gaskets would be crappy. I had to replace my up pipe almost a year ago because of a failed up pipe cat. of course i went catless. anyway there is a newer grimmspeed gasket on my stock DP. i am kinda hoping it will still be in useable shape

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

so it seems that best bang for the buck is CNT. I am going catted. Is there anything in terms of accesories/ gaskets ...anything that would put me closer to invidia price wise. Do I need better gaskets for Invidia too or can I use those that come with the pipe? Do both CNT and Invidia bolt up straight to stock CBE or do I need some kind of adapter?

Well the CNT is a 3in DP all the way so you do need an adapter because the stock exhaust is like 2.5in or 2.75in unless you plan on changing your exhuast to a 3in catback later. When I installed mine to the oem mid pipes I used the adapter.

Just checked yes its full 3in and it does have divorced bellmouth. This is from infamousperformance.net :

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-182/Invidia-Subaru-Catless-Downpipe/Detail

All Invidia Subaru downpipes feature full 3" piping, a cast mouth, Divorced Wastegate and quality craftsmanship for a perfect fit. The Invidia downpipe is available in a catless version, or with one high flow catalyst for reduction in boost spikes and to reduce noise.

Notes:

-The Diverter Valve will need to be trimmed down before installing to prevent it from hitting the Wastegate.

-This Downpipe is 3 inch at the Intermediate Pipe Connection. If you are mating it to a stock Catback, or any other 2.5" flanged Catback, you will need to purchase a Downpipe Adapter Flange for proper fitment & to prevent leaks.

Downpipes Include: One (1) 3" Downpipe to Intermediate pipe gasket, & Two (2) bolts.

Yeah i figured the gaskets would be crappy. I had to replace my up pipe almost a year ago because of a failed up pipe cat. of course i went catless. anyway there is a newer grimmspeed gasket on my stock DP. i am kinda hoping it will still be in useable shape

I wouldn't depend on reusing the gasket you could get a leak. I had to replace my tubo to dp gasket twice. Once for going from oem dp to aftermarket and the oem gasket looked all rusted out from all that heat and the second time was for up pipe failure from cracking at the welds inside the heatshield mine was already catless so I had to pull off everything including turbo and jumped to gun and installed header and up pipe.

I wouldn't depend on reusing the gasket you could get a leak. I had to replace my tubo to dp gasket twice. Once for going from oem dp to aftermarket and the oem gasket looked all rusted out from all that heat and the second time was for up pipe failure from cracking at the welds inside the heatshield mine was already catless so I had to pull off everything including turbo and jumped to gun and installed header and up pipe.

I go with new gaskets everytime a change is made. So easy and inexpensive to do,,,what a headache if you develop a leak because you opted not to!!!:rolleyes:

Archived