LegacyGT.com

Help choosing a DP

lmlght14

A DP upgrade will increase performance, and in many peoples opinion one for the cheapest ways to gain performance. But that being said, do research and be sure to either get your car tuned open source, or Cobb AP.

I purchased a CNT catless dp from a member on her for my 5EAT, but have ye to install!

I'm not a big fan of DP's. no need to have my gentlemen sausage that close to somebody else's

LOL. But you can also give your buddy high-fives. :D

Joking aside...I have been wondering the same thing too lately since I'm planning on going to stage 2 soon. The CNT catted DP sounds awfully attractive at that price. But I have I wonder....is there any reason to spend more on one of the other DP's? Do they somehow justify the added expense? Is the CNT made of cheap stainless steel?

How abou from a power standpoint...is there any chance one makes more power than another (I doubt it)? Any tuners out there care to share their experiences with making power with the different DP's? And I'm not talking catted versus non-catted. Talking strictly catted versus other catted DP's...

Do you still need to trim the diverter on the invidia? I thought they corrected this issue with new models?

People told me the new ones weren't supposed to have them when I got mine back in... 2008 I think. Guess what? The diverter was definitely shorter than their v1 DP, but it STILL hit. I had to remove it and grind it down.

Better to grind it a tiny bit and be safe, than having to rip everything apart again.

Archived