LegacyGT.com

Stromung Dual Tip Exhaust Installed!

Chappy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to get this exhaust,..

Problem is that shipping (88lbs USPS 2nd Day) to Honolulu, Hawaii is $207,..that would be a $1200 catback,...

YIKES!!!

Please,..we need more aftermarket exhausts to be more competitive and drive prices down,...

Call Mitch at Renick Motorsports..He only charged me 40 bucks to ship it from Cali to Maine..Plus, the price of the exhaust was less than MSRP..

Just placed my order with Stromung directly,..

Asking price is a little more at $998, but I saved on 2 day shipping via UPS to my door,..I should get it next Thursday being shipped out on Tues,.. Still $1105, but saves the headache of buying mufflers and Flowmaster Y-pipe off Ebay, other places, and getting welding charges at local Exhaust shop (which wanted ($800 for their own full system),..

Too bad Mitch at Renick Motorsports didnt answer or was available,..dont know if I could've saved any money with them, but at least Im getting my twin tip straight from Stromung,...

Will show pics when I get it,..Who/where can I post my video clips from my hd if I use my digital camera???

Too bad Mitch at Renick Motorsports didnt answer or was available,..dont know if I could've saved any money with them, but at least Im getting my twin tip straight from Stromung,...

Patience is a virtue. A phone message or email to Mitch would have saved you 100-150 dollars..The funny thing is when I ordered mine, Mitch put me on hold, called Scott at Stromung and ordered it. He then came back to me took my info and payment and it was done. He emailed me when he got it from Stromung, which was a day, and then emailed me my Fedex tracking numbers. I had it in 4 days. I feel that I got mine direct from Stromung as well. I just saved a few bucks by making the extra call. Plus, Mitch is the MAN! Him and Peter from Pltek are the only two vendors I will deal with..Well, maybe Zoeb as well.. :)

But on Renick's website, 2nd Day air wouldve cost me $200 or so,...Stromung charged about $120,...

Mitch may or maynot have been in,..left message and called twice but either he isnt in or was busy cause he didnt answer his pages,..

But on Renick's website, 2nd Day air wouldve cost me $200 or so,...Stromung charged about $120,...

Mitch may or maynot have been in,..left message and called twice but either he isnt in or was busy cause he didnt answer his pages,..

Either way..you got it! You gonna be very happy with it.

Just placed my order with Stromung directly,..

Asking price is a little more at $998, but I saved on 2 day shipping via UPS to my door,..I should get it next Thursday being shipped out on Tues,.. Still $1105, but saves the headache of buying mufflers and Flowmaster Y-pipe off Ebay, other places, and getting welding charges at local Exhaust shop (which wanted ($800 for their own full system),..

Will show pics when I get it,..Who/where can I post my video clips from my hd if I use my digital camera???

Fire all the clips my way (PM me and we'll get it go'n)when you get them all, I'll get them up asap.

I can't WAIT To see/hear this think.......

Guest Shaggy7
i think mitch actually transferred to another department at renick... i ordered mine last week, started talking to mitch on friday, then a guy named brett finished up the sale. VERY helpful, quick, etc. ask for brett at renick. if you call i think it is extension 535. anyways the exhaust was under the msrp on the site... check nasioc for specials. anyways, installing tonight. woot!

On Nasioc, Renick Motorsports has a sale for Legacy GTs for $850,..Dont know what shipping is,..

I ordered direct from Stromung, but got a shipping discount,..

In all, maybe wouldve saved $50???

Anyways,..its ordered,...

On Nasioc, Renick Motorsports has a sale for Legacy GTs for $850,..Dont know what shipping is,..

I ordered direct from Stromung, but got a shipping discount,..

In all, maybe wouldve saved $50???

Anyways,..its ordered,...

If he charged me 40 to ship it from Cali to Maine, then he would have charged you 80. I paid 850.. 850 plus 80 is 930. 1105 minus 930 is 175.

175 bucks is another mod or a good chunk of change towards an AP...

I'd be all over it if they had any in stock to ship. :(

Scott at Stromung said it all be boxed and ready to go out on Tuesday,..

He also mentioned that he went over some revisions on the exhaust or to answer some fitment issues,..but most he said it was installers not taking time to fit first, then tighted down the bolts after everything is all straight,..

Forgot what "exactly" the revisions were if any that he mentioned,...

Tell him to call me back! I emailed and left messages MONTHS ago. :lol: So has Peter at PL-TEK. As long as it fits the wagon properly and the tips don't hang down as low as the pics suggest, I am game.

He also mentioned that he went over some revisions on the exhaust or to answer some fitment issues,..but most he said it was installers not taking time to fit first, then tighted down the bolts after everything is all straight,..

Are we talking wagon catbacks in stock?

That is exactly what needs to be done. A loose bolt up and then tighten everything down from the cat back. Took me less than an hour..

Guest Shaggy7

just got mine hooked up... catless it sounds great! now i came from a wrx with a few set ups. including the blitz nur spec r, straight 3 inch pipes, to a 3 foot dump pipe straight off the turbo with an external wastegate, so loudness is relative to me, but the stromung is not that loud at all. just a nice deep growl. sounds great at high rpms when it really wakes up. have to report back in a week or 2 after the mufflers are really "broken in".

my father happened to be there when i installed it and followed me around for a while and said it sounds great from outside the car. that coming form a 60 yr old man, granted one who used to do club racing with a straight piped tr6, but still.

pictures as soon as i replace the batteries in my camera. ill see if if i can find someway to get a sound clip.

is renick still doing this discounted price? On nasioc it said it was a June sale :(

Give em a call and find out,..I didnt know about the sale when I called and no one was able to help me buy the exhaust,..I got an answering machine, left message, and called again asking for Mitch,...he wasnt there when paged to answer my call,..So I called Stromung directly twice (got answering machine too), but on second call got rep,..

Archived