LegacyGT.com

Stromung Dual Tip Exhaust Installed!

Chappy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just the muffler and tip??? their homepage isnt all that helpful...

It's a cat-back...i.e. complete system from behind the third cat. You can see in the picutres on renicks site, that all the piping is new, as it is attached to the downpipe. Not sure if the DP is new...or stock...but you can see it. Hope that helps.

I pulled the trigger on the Stromung Dual Tip exhaust after talking to Mitch at Renick Motorsports and having past experience with Stromung on my WRX. I must sayh that this is the nicest looking exhaust for the LGT. Atleast I think it is. The pics just dont show the immaculate workmanship that this exhaust is crafted of. Everything bolted up perfectly and the whole job took me under an hour. The hardest part was getting the car up high enough to reach the spring bolts at the cat. I loosened them it was smooth sailing. I was amazed at how clean the install came out. It is well worth the money. If you are thinking of buying it you gotta call Mitch at Renick Motorsports. Customer service was A+ and I had the exhaust from CA to Maine in 5 days. Here are some pics of the finished product:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/WRX05/DSC003271.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/WRX05/DSC003261.jpg

Can you please take a pic that shows a better perspective to where the tips are in relationship to the bumper cut-outs...other pics i've seen seem lower, than yours do (i.e. the the fitment in your looks perfect, but I can't tell if thats due to the angle u took your pic at). Just wondering if Stromung adjusted there design slightly to get a more 'tucked-in' look.

I'll take some more pics when I get home. I'll try and get level with the car.

Boxer, the install went very smooth..I appreciate your readiness to help. I was going to have it installed tomorrow but last night I decided to give it a shot. I knew that bolting it up would be easy, it was getting the car off the ground that I really didnt want to deal with. I had some Rhino ramps at my parents so I grabbed them over the weekend anticipating the install. Well, everything is in and secure. The spring bolts were cake. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the stock system.

I'll take some more pics when I get home. I'll try and get level with the car.

Boxer, the install went very smooth..I appreciate your readiness to help. I was going to have it installed tomorrow but last night I decided to give it a shot. I knew that bolting it up would be easy, it was getting the car off the ground that I really didnt want to deal with. I had some Rhino ramps at my parents so I grabbed them over the weekend anticipating the install. Well, everything is in and secure. The spring bolts were cake. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the stock system.

Please try to get more pics, im thinking about getting this exhaust and it all kind of depends if it looks good from the rear.

I would love to get this exhaust,..

Problem is that shipping (88lbs USPS 2nd Day) to Honolulu, Hawaii is $207,..that would be a $1200 catback,...

YIKES!!!

Please,..we need more aftermarket exhausts to be more competitive and drive prices down,...

Archived