LegacyGT.com

Headunit install ?

GTLegacy05

Nice!! Where did you find the replacement connectors??!? And what kind of headunit is it? (brand/model)

How do you keep the connectors touching the faceplate/headunit since they are usually just held together when the faceplate is clipped in.

Thats an awesome idea...I didnt even know you could get those connectors.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me neither until i had a stroke of brilliance and emailed kenwood to see where they source their parts from. head unit is a kenwood kdc-x597 btw. but anyways i got my connectors from http://www.pacparts.com/ , ends up they carry a bunch of replacement bits and pieces for all sorts of things so you'll hopefully have luck finding whatever piece you need for your headunit.

as for keeping them touching, once you take the faceplate off of the deck, there should be a plastic bezel piece which you normally see once you remove the faceplate. i just took that piece off of the deck and hotglued it to the back of the ashtray area. i then took one end of my "extension cable" and hotglued that to the opening in the bezel where the plug would normally go.

as for the deck side, its pretty ghetto but after removing the plastic bezel, the innards of the deck are just pretty much exposed. and so i took the other end of the "extension cable" and ran a chopstick through the loop created by my soldered wires and then ghettorigged it onto the many various mounting holes in the sides of the deck so that it effectively just holds the end of the extension cable in place. ghetto but it works :D

PS. i can still attach or remove my faceplate from the ashtray area if i wanted to .

• 5 months later...
I got a response from OP saying that he unbolted the airbag module and moved it back to let the radio slip in. I was getting ready to do that when a JDM console popped up for cheap enough so upgraded to that instead...

CIMG0898.thumb.JPG.36a67501200d7db6a33b19d51c4e45de.JPG

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived