LegacyGT.com

cutting tein lowering springs

lilschwikes

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we can all agree that cutting springs does compromise both the strength and therefore the safety of operation in a road-driven environment. For amateur on-track situations, it should be okay to determine optimal ride height for track use.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I agree but to be completely honest if no one ever cut there springs back in the old days there probably wouldn't be any lowering springs on the market.

http://www.wattix.com/blog/chilligan/catwatermelonlake.jpg

• I Donated

You do realize that by cutting your springs, you lose any resale value they might have had, right?

So, if you are buying coilovers anyway, you've basically just made them $100-150 more expensive, because now you can't sell your Teins.

But hey, with the way you write and think, I wouldn't expect you to have thought of that one. :spin:

you do realize that adjusting height with coilovers is not like flipping a switch. you have to do it very carefully and you will need an alignment everytime

Adjustment? "Everyone" knows the proper way to setup coilovers is to immediately drop the height all the way to the lowest setting and dial the dampening up as high as it will go.

:lol:

all springs with different coil numbers will have different diameter, even material... so by cutting spring, you violate the law of physics behind everything, and it's pretty dumb if you ask anybody...

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/general/183497d1316737238-possible-challenge-e-mc2-einstein-may-need-revising-funny-pictures-anti-gravity-cat-chalkboard.jpg

I agree but to be completely honest if no one ever cut there springs back in the old days there probably wouldn't be any lowering springs on the market.

Back in the day they didn't have progressive spring rates. I mean we are talking cutting springs on old hoopties. I did it on my 77 Coupe but that was after getting spring from a lifted Dodge Ram that had insanely high spring rates(and i was 16 years old and didn't give an eff). Just be patient and wait to buy the correct springs/CO.

way too many grammar nazi's on this forum....they always hatin' on me....

LOL

Alright billy your done. I don't usually care about my punctuation unless it's a paper for college.

LOL... college... gud luk wit dat

BTW guys, . <- that's a period. It shows when you've completed a sentence. A car forum isn't a phone, you're not texting your 19 year old slut girlfriend. Might want to get familiar with it if you every want to be taken seriously.

redneck hydraulics

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyCgbBF-2Fg]Redneck Hydraulics - YouTube[/ame]

I knew this thread was gonna be comical, just wanted to give it a few days to marinate.

Archived