LegacyGT.com

Recommend a good battery

I need a new battery in my '08 OB.

I will probably be upgrading my stereo in the future, and want a batery that will support that minor mod, but above all, not jeapordize the longevity of the battery and its ability to start/run my car.

Should I just get an Interstate battery and fuhgetaboudit? Or is there something better that will last longer?

Interstate. That's what I've always run and never had a problem. I did put an Advance Gold battery in my wife's 98 Outback. Seems that on the colder days it turns over a little more slowly.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Optima for the price to me is overrated unless your running multiple lights, extra car audio, entertainment type things otherwise they are totally worth it. Interstate is what we have in all our farm trucks and in -20degree weather they turn over everytime. As for best place to buy walmart has a brand that offers a 5yr warranty, great cold cranking amps but I can't remember the brand and we have those in all our newer vehicles so id check there first

Archived