LegacyGT.com

Donor Legacy needed

HIDPLANET

Hello all,

We are looking for a donor 05 Legacy to test fit and photoshoot a "2005+ Subaru Legacy HID System". It would require inspection of the vehicle dimensions behind the headlamps and mounting points for the ballasts etc...

We have 1 vehicle that we may be able to do some testing on, but we are looking for a forum members vehicle to do final installation on.

For your time and vehicle, we would allow you to keep the HID System installed on your vehicle. This is not a poorly made rebased HID "Kit" but a system using ALL OEM HID components which are known for quality and lifespan. Unlike foreign made HID Kits, this system will utilize Genuine Hella Ballasts, genuine Philips D2S 4100K burners (not rebased) and adaptors. The system will use the existing H7 projectors since they retain a very similar focal point as a D2S projector.

HIDPLANET.com is well known for providing all quality HID parts and we will be releasing this same HID System as our Legacy System, and may also offer a retrofit system which will include a pair of HID projectors as well as the other quality parts.

Our preliminary test fittings may still take 1-2 weeks time so we wouldnt need your vehicle for at least that long. We are looking for a member who is very interested in superior lighting and is a lighting enthusiast NOT someone looking for the "bling" factor. We will accept all emails and select the member who writes us the best short summary as to why they should be selected.

Once chosen, you would have to drive to a residental area (near Pasadena CA) for installation and stay for a quick photoshoot to show beam pattern and performance once it starts to get dark.

Please submit all emails to why you think you sould be selected to:

sales@hidplanet.com and title the email Subaru Legacy

Thank you for your time.

Any chance for those of you who have sent us email, to take a good clear picture of the bulb acceptor. We need a clean picture of where the bulb goes inside the projector. Even better if you could take the bulb out then snap a pic. Will help determine if our adaptors will fit.

I installed an OEM based HID system in my car. I posted the pics in this thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12080&highlight=d2s I think there is at least one pics of the bulb holder. I used Phillips D2S bulbs centered by a machined aluminum adapter ring.

I can tell you that the stock H7 projectors generate an even beam pattern with a fairily sharp cutoff, extremely close to those of OEM HID projectors. I'm very happy with my setup.

what you want to know. i did it already except i swapped the projector. there is no comparison. all though i got better results testing d2s in our h7s then most kits i've seen on here. still not focused like a xenon projector but better.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14544

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

A well sorted retrofit kit could be installed with the headlights still in the car. I needed to pull my headlights out since I mounted the ignitors inside the headlight housings. I also wanted to clear my ambers out, which also necessitated pulling the headlight housings.

Would it be too difficult to install with the headlights while they are still installed on the car?

TIA

an hid kit? hell no. tons of room.

when u say headlight assemblies do you mean the reflector and projectors inside? they are cake. or do you mean taking the headlamps out of the car. its very easy. bumper comes off with just plastic clips. however they seem to put up a good fight. especially the dirty ones like in the fender. there would be no need to ake them out to install a kit though. to test fitement for a kit then yeah you need to take them out. not worth the hassle.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived