LegacyGT.com

Sway bars for NA

I want to get an aftermarket sway bars to improve handling in the near future. I came across few websites and it seems like NA and turbo bars are different? Just wanted to confirm whether it's true. Also, not sure which company makes the best product - maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Stock GT bars? Your front won't work for him and your rear is the same

Yeah, that's why I was like...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

For rear sway bar, there's Cusco 21mm, AVO 20mm, Whiteline 20mm, and OEM JDM 20mm (hollow).

For front sway bar, there's OEM Tribeca 25mm and Whiteline 22mm (non-turbo specific, part# BSF35Z).

The Tribeca bar requires additional parts and the bushings need to be shaved a bit:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2443652&postcount=11

There's also the RalliTEK F&R package; 22mm front, 19mm rear. You might want to contact them to see if it's still available though.

lol ya thats prob what i will do gee otto

I got my setup for $134 shipped and it clears the stock cat pipe. Once i went UEL i had to wrap my bar with Thermo wrap b/c the rare times i turn all the way to the right and am backing up it would knock as i revved the engine. RARE but just putting that out there

I think I will go with the Tribeca front bar. I checked out Forester end links listed in Shtbxr22's thread and they look kinda weak...is there an aftermarket set that can be used with that bar?

I think I will go with the Tribeca front bar. I checked out Forester end links listed in Shtbxr22's thread and they look kinda weak...is there an aftermarket set that can be used with that bar?

You can use the Kart boys or the Whiteline but those Forester links are legit beefy bro, They are the same ones used on the STi you wont defeat them trust. And for the price you cant go wrong :wub:

I believe the Tribeca bar is solid, but regardless, I've read it'll still feel like 22-23mm because of it's curvature. People that've done this on older Imprezas report little to no difference when they previously used a Whiteline 22mm bar.

I believe the Tribeca bar is solid, but regardless, I've read it'll still feel like 22-23mm because of it's curvature. People that've done this on older Imprezas report little to no difference when they previously used a Whiteline 22mm bar.

it's possible it's the alloy or something then. I just remember hearing it was equivalent to a 22 haha

The tribeca bar is a hollow 25mm but as stout as a solid 21mm 25mm up front and rear with a good suspension would make your car a corner killer but you could stick to 25mm hollow up front and say 21-22mm solid in the rear and be fine

Archived