LegacyGT.com

Next-Gen WRX gets 2.0L turbo FA20

WraithAkaMrak

• 3 weeks later...
Are you sure about that? I had heard there were a whole bunch of issues with trying to turbo the BRZ because of how far back into the firewall they mounted the motor for weight distribution.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for a supercharger instead of a turbo.

The turbo will not be in the same place. It will be a more efficient design.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/IMG_6049.jpg

And toyota has already announced they have a supercharger in the works.

And toyota has already announced they have a supercharger in the works.

Meh. You're talking about a low pressure sc that will bump hp by 30 - 40. It'll probably be the limit of the motor before requiring a teardown and will cost over $3 grand plus installation cost if you wish to keep the warranty.

I'd rather wait for a factory turbo charged engine.

but Turbo's and SC's are a middle man btwn the throttle and engine in a car like this wouldnt they seek to have that feel that only an N/A can provide :lol: In all seriousness think about why the McClaren F1 is a V12 N/A and not a V8 TT ;)

I had an '86 XT with a 3AT gearbox and the turbo lag was - a lot. And the gearbox didn't match either. Gearshift from 2 to 3 at 126km/h but the turbo boost started again at 136km/h... Let's say it was a strange feeling...
453747.png

I see no brainer here, soon there will be a 2.0T BRZ, not sure if toyota wants that with their 86 but BRZ is confirmed a turbo version

do they have auto trans yet?

where is BAC? he needs this thread :lol:

I may be mistaken on this, but I believe that Subaru only confirmed that they will make a turbo version of the engine that the BRZ uses, not that they will be making a turbo version of the BRZ.

Am I correct in thinking this? Does anyone have any more info on this?

• 3 weeks later...

the Fa-20 shouldn't lose much torque with the stroke being so much longer.

Seriously i'd rather have this engine then a 257, the bores are thicker, the stroke is longer, the pistons are smaller... hey... this engine seems like it was purpose built for boost, not just patched so it would work.

essentially.. it has all the things that the mitsu guys use to push more power out of the same turbos that we use.

#1 stronger bores,

#2 smaller bore (less weight, less det prone)

#3 bigger stroke (keeps displacement up with the small bore)

#4 and most important... 8000rpm redline :)

Wasnt Japan using ej 2l and they dont have problems with their engines but the US switched to ej 2.5 and we have the ringland problems. wasnt the jdm ej 2.0 much better then the ej 2.5 and held better boost throughout the rpms?? so 2.0 is the way to go?

Yup, the jdm ej20 is better! the sti in japan is 305hp and the sti in the US is the same yet having 500cc's more. Actually if the japanese build a an ej25 it will be a monster!!! Actually i almost got an s205 and that was 330hp stock, all still 2.0litres. One of my theories is the japanese heads flow better, so i will never tamper with it. i've seen guys trouble their head and the car gets slower

^ the heads flow about the same as our heads but the cams are set for higher rpm so everything balances out (they have better avcs too).

I'm really excited about the small bore engine though i think it's going to be a lot more boost friendly and a lot easier on the ringlands.

Archived