LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Tips

jav2.5

I've been wanting to do the same thing and I believe someone here has done it before. I could be wrong but if I remember reading correctly, it wasn't a simple swap. The stock exhaust tips had to be cut off and the new ones welded on.

I have been wanting to do this also. I'm considering a little further extended from the bumper with a mild up-turn. I'm thinking it would give it an Italian-like style. Just haven't found anything that fits that bill yet.

I believe the stock ones need to be cut off and the new ones welded on as previously discussed.

I've been wanting to do the same thing and I believe someone here has done it before. I could be wrong but if I remember reading correctly, it wasn't a simple swap. The stock exhaust tips had to be cut off and the new ones welded on.

Like what 08subaroo said. the stock tips are flared out.

Find the tips you like or go to a muffler shop and they could do it for you.

I had my eBay DP flange cut, added a reducer, and welded for $20...

hey guys,

i have an 05 lgt wagon. recently changed the exhaust tips for larger, more prominent looking ones. a few things i learned:

- stock tips are 3" oval - pretty big already

- the stock exhaust tips are just finishers - they unbolt easily

- THE TRICKY PART IS: the stock exhaust pipes themselves (what is under the tips) ***Flares*** dramatically at the end. so most aftermarket tips wont fit over flared end.

pics below.

note: i also painted the stock mufflers - rustproof flat black

Thanks for the pics and for offering further clarity on the tip fitment. Off topic but did you unbolt the exhaust to paint the mufflers or did you cover everything up and spray while attached? I've always wanted to do that as well!

hey guys! answers to questions:

- not lambo doors.... just a funny angle

- painted the mufflers with tips on. it took maybe 3 quick squirts of spray-paint to cover the visible parts of each muffler. i did a bit of spraypaint to the outer facing sides of the mufflers, too. no tape or masking was necessary because i used very little paint and only one coat. the mufflers were already darker-than-new after being tarnished etc over the car's lifetime.

invisible mufflers (not bright stainless steel) are an easy way to class up the vehicle's appearance, in my opinion.

one final thought: these tips are a great buy. they have a perforated steel inner section -- for resonance presumably. i think it enhanced my boxer rumble a tiny bit, too. =]

Thanx for he info......is that GT or a 2.5i? Just wondering if the muffler tips are different.

Member and fellow Mod Praedet has some beautiful dual tips on his wagon. He bought them off eBay and welded them on his stock exhaust.

each tip is a one into two design which gives him quad tips, total.

If I didn't get my hands on an STi JDM quad tip exhaust, I would have gone his route.

I searched an old PM link he sent me but the posting on eBay is gone. But I'm sure they are still around. Universal style tips that will fit.

Archived