LegacyGT.com

i hate to be the bearer of bad news

rakapur

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I heard a rumor that I believe is seems likely. This happened last year around this time to, the government wants to test the Pzev emissions and make sure it is up to code. The only reason it is impacting dealers hard is because our inventory was already hurting from the disaster in Japan.

COME ON SUBARU/GOVERNMENT STOP BEING SUCH A GRINCH GIVE US OUR CARS!!!

Maybe it's the sunroof issue.

nope, that issue was fixed in late 2011 models. sold many 2011s that didnt have that issue

^ the same CVT argument applies here... it's a stop shipment on entire models, not just PZEV variants. And Foresters are PZEV also... why no problem with them? The new Impreza isn't from Indiana, so a factory level problem doesn't make sense either..... time will tell.

• I Donated
If it is then I would narrow it down to DTC B1410.

If it was the cylinder head it would affect other models too, and not every car has the heated seats (even though it's standard here...)

Doubtful

DTC = diagnostic trouble code

B1410 = Driver Power Window Motor Circuit Failure

Why would there be a stop shipment for a power window failure that may or may not affect all cars? Thats a recall / tsb type problem.

This sounds like some kind of safety concern with the new cars being produced....something along the lines of what happened with the Toyotas a few years ago (random acceleration). I know of one report where a customer had a total brake failure (pedal to the floor) in their Outback after only 200 miles. SOA told him they would replace his Outback with a brand new one, but before they will give it to him they are replacing his master cylinder.

The option of delivery problems seems to be out of the question. There have been several reports of people not being able to purchase vehicles that are already on the dealers lot.

Sounds like a recall for braking problems to me. Likely internal bypass on the master cylinder.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It's now a stop sale order. Has to do with the calipers. Subaru sourced a new vender after the disaster. Stop sale also includes the new Impreza too.

Very interesting thread. My brother just picked up his 2012 legacy yesterday from a NY dealer.

They had to originally locate the vehicle, but took delivery yesterday. No mention of a stop sale or stop ship.

Interesting. I will going to dealer tomorrow to potentially buy legacy, now I should call ahead - wonder what they will say - sales folks need to make a living

I dont know who told you that there is a "Stop Sale" in effect but they are wrong. there is NO stop sale it is just a stop ship! I have been keeping a close watch on subarunet (a website only accessible to Subaru employees) and there is nothing about it.

I dont know who told you that there is a "Stop Sale" in effect but they are wrong. there is NO stop sale it is just a stop ship! I have been keeping a close watch on subarunet (a website only accessible to Subaru employees) and there is nothing about it.

Check with your distributor. Told by someone that sells Subarus' and other brands. She had no reason to lie. Also said about 6 years of Forresters' are having rust issues. Said a kit was being sent out to 'rust proof'/seal the undercarriage. Similiar to the old Rusty Jones or Ziebart days. Trying to stay ahead of a recall.

In the wind. Believe it or not.

Check with your distributor. Told by someone that sells Subarus' and other brands. She had no reason to lie. Also said about 6 years of Forresters' are having rust issues. Said a kit was being sent out to 'rust proof'/seal the undercarriage. Similiar to the old Rusty Jones or Ziebart days. Trying to stay ahead of a recall.

In the wind. Believe it or not.

there is no stop sale, we just talked with our rep yesterday and he didnt say anything about a stop sale. if there was a stop sale it would be on subarunet and they wouldnt have just said stop sale now.

That's good to hear - maybe they have a run of bad parts and are trying to get that addressed before sending out the cars - maybe it will be coupled with a limited recall or something like that... very concerned to hear what is going on with the cars, though...

I'll be at the dealer I bought from tomorrow morning (on an unrelated issue) and will pester them to see if they know anything more.

Just got back from the dealer (picked up a couple of parts) - they confirmed that the stop-ship was brake related, specifically for the master cylinder (information was sent out today, he said) - the message mentioned both the Legacy and Outback, stating that it didn't correspond to all of the vehicles (probably a portion of the production run) - he said that the Legacy 2.5GT was not listed, so maybe the part is different for the LGT? They actually had a car which came in with the low brake pedal as well (the car still had brakes, but the pedal was very low, and they couldn't get it to come back up) - I imagine there will be a recall for those people with vehicles in that run.

It seems that they are recalling/replacing all master cylinders on Legacy, Outback, and MY2012 Imprezas produced between 10/17 and 11/23. Realistically, dealers have not seen those production dates of vehicles hit the lot yet, at least in NJ. Originally a notice went out about 2 weeks ago regarding a soft pedal issue, but now is believed to be a defect in the master cylinder. No leaking taking place which leads me to believe it's something silly or superficial in nature. Time will tell.

It's now a stop sale order. Has to do with the calipers. Subaru sourced a new vender after the disaster. Stop sale also includes the new Impreza too.

you were right, sorry. it finally hit on subarunet, it is not a major recall or anything its a small recall and unlike that Toyota shit we are fixing the cars at the port so the recall will be small

Archived