LegacyGT.com

ACT out.. CM FX300 in...Um, WOW!!

They cost the same, but I bet the 200 costs more to manufacture.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet you are right. If that is the case, hypothetically, wouldn't the 200 be made with better materials, or all together be better? High profit margins usually mean that the part is put together cheaply and/or in high demand. The high demand comes from CM telling everyone it is the better clutch to increase their sales and decrease their spending on the actual manufacturing side. With that being said, I am in agreement with you on purchasing the 200 over the 300.

So you guys are choosing your clutch based on speculation rather then the proven results of the FX300?

I heard Baller turbos made 700hp with stock internals. :rollseyes:

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I know, I just need to drive your car. Time is a premium, right now. I haven't done anything but drive my car for the past several months, so finding time to meet up has been impossible.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm in a similar boat, trying to choose between the 200 and 300, Citka. I think I'm going to go with the 200, and if I don't like it then I can swap the disc out for the 300. The pressure plates are the same I think.

The problem is, finding out information about the 200. Even CM recommends the 300, but no one can say WHY. It's very stupid.

If you go with the 200, I'll be very interested to hear what you think. I'll admit, all the debate surrounding 200 vs 300 has me confused.

Archived