LegacyGT.com

Need new front end links, subaru or kartboy?!

LegacyKid5

Turns out my front end links are on their way out and will need replacing in the near future. My question is what end links would you guys recommend, my dad recommended to just replace them with OEM Subaru parts, but I was curious what else is out there and might be a better option. I've read great things about the kartboy end links, pro's and cons with them? They are replacements for a 2005 legacy GT wagon.

Do you plan on upgrading the swaybars? The kart boy end links are pretty pricey considering you really wont get any benefit out of them with a stock sway bar, but if you are planning on upgrading later, then upgrading the end links now is a might as well. If you are staying stock, save your money and get some oem or generic end links. I just upgraded my sways to the hotchkis set $250 for both is a great deal, and I still have stock end links. I'm just waiting for em to break so I can justify the ridiculous amounts of money they extort for upgraded end links, or I might just try to fabricate my own end links and save $280 on a couple simple metal brackets.

If you plan to upgrade the sways, +1 on the Kartboys. Otherwise, Rallitek's with the stock setup may suit you just fine.

I have KBs all around with 22mm sway bars and they made a subtle but noticeable difference in handling.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Thanks for the input guys, I think with where I'm at I will probably just go with the Rallitek, they seem like a great product with an extremely affordable price. The install looks pretty easy, I was just curious if there is a certain torque they need to be tightened down to?

I'm also looking at end link upgrades. On Rallitek's website, their vehicle application guide doesn't show fitments for any 5th gen Legacies. Has anyone tried them on a 5th gen, and did they fit correctly? If not, are there any less expensive alternatives to KB that are worth looking at? I'll be using them with RCE front and rear sways.

I installed mine back in early June of 2010, at 127,000 miles, I got 147,000 miles on the car now. Mine don't have a hiem joint, mine are solid.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry, when I clink on the link I get a solid looking end link, no threads or nuts on the picture.

To me, a Heim joint is like what's on a traction bar, it adjustable.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

he's talking about the spherical bearing part. And all the links with bearings in them tend to fare pretty poorly on a street car. Whiteline has switched over to a heavy duty adjustable version of the oem endlinks which seem to work pretty well. I've had my kartboys for about five years now and don't get a sound out of them.

Archived