LegacyGT.com

Unequal Length Headers and Greddy EVO 2

And since when do UEL quiet down the exhaust? My Tomei ELH makes my catless DP, Perrin mid/y, and Prodrive mufflers sound stock at idle. People don't believe me when I tell them I'm catless, because it's so quiet.

I was under that impression, too. I hear claims that UEL headers contribute to the boxer rumble, and equal length headers quiet things down and give the exhaust a more tame note.

I was under that impression, too. I hear claims that UEL headers contribute to the boxer rumble, and equal length headers quiet things down and give the exhaust a more tame note.

I am positive it is only the spec b that have UEL. I found a fairly cheap set of UEL headers i might just have to buy!

correct

I am positive it is only the spec b that have UEL. I found a fairly cheap set of UEL headers i might just have to buy!

the UEL headers/exhaust mani that :spin::lol: all of our cars come with stock is what gives our cars the boxer tone due to the conflicting exhaust paths.

an EL header will make it sound more like any other 4 cylinder

as far as louder or quiter couldnt really tell you but the tone will be different

if you want to have an idea of what your car would sound like http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-102170.html

what does the ebay/obx/gms exhaust sound like with elh? Anyone know?

I was running Tomei ELH with the X02/CXracing/GMS/ebay CBE for some time and it sounded very nice. Idle was extremely deep rumble that would resonate through my whole house when parked in the garage. Friends would know I was close by because they could hear me coming down the road, even at low speed/RPMs. In the higher RPMs it sounded mean and like a racecar. I unfortunately don't have any sound clips with ELH. I would say it sounds similar to my Perrin mid/y with Prodrive cans at idle, but not as subdued. I liked it, actually, but the mid/y rusted so fast and the fitment wasn't the greatest.

Archived