LegacyGT.com

Fs co: Vf52

PutnamCO

I just installed my BNR 68hta, and am selling my VF52. I bought it new and have put 34K miles on it. It was tuned by Infamous and Eric from Torqued Performance.

The turbo has zero shaft play and is in great shape. The only issue at all is that after removing the turbo, I noticed that the threads on the intercooler to turbo connection are not in very good shape. This is probably because I had to take the intercooler on and off 5+ times before I got a boost leak under the IC under control. I have never had any issues with not being able to tighten the IC to the turbo, but just wanted to disclose everything about the turbo. There are pics of each of the threads.

I would like to get $650 shipped/paypalled. (shipping outside of the lower 48 is extra)

or $600 picked up.

Here are the pics and a video of the shaft spinning.

http://putnamco.shutterfly.com/pictures

damn that was fast, I've been looking for a v52 and local would have been great, what #s did you put up with your v52 set up, curious as to how it compared to the new set up, please post up previous and new results if you can

Turbo Shipped.

Yeah, I can't believe it went that quickly, and I don't think it was because the price was too low. I didn't actually get this dynoed, but I have the exact same mods as Legend, so I use his dyno sheets as a rough estimate for my car. With the VF52, he was putting down 325whp and 375wtq on E85, which I was also running. He is already running the 68HTA, and his dyno sheets are in the BNR 68hta thread, and I'm hoping for his numbers (343whp/387wtq).

Geez I was going to wait a day to bump this for you Putnam but wow that went fast. My VF52 sold equally fast, in fact I had a line of buyers. Your new buyer will be very, very happy! It is bittersweet going from 52 to 68. You definitely will lose around 250rpms of power down low and throttle response going to the 68. My VF52 numbers were actually 285whp/365tq, I believe.

BTW, I think you'll be good for 365whp and beat me on the dyno, but we'll have to see if you can beat me at the strip too.. ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

John- Yeah the demand for the VF52's is crazy. What blows me away is that the price that I paid new, when they first came out is less than the lower mileage, used VF52's are going for on this site. I don't know if all the vendors jacked up their prices once they realized how popular it was going to be, but it seems a bit crazy.

I guess I lost track of which dyno sheets were yours, maybe I confused the 09 WRX with the FMIC with your sheet. Either way, the VF52 rocked. I will miss the low end, but I'm excited for a little more power.

Not sure why you think I'll get more power, since the only differences in our mods are that my TMIC is thermal coated, and I have an AEM intake instead of a Cobb. Maybe you're referring to Eric's awesome tuning? I do plan on making a few runs at Bandimere, and I can't wait. You should come to High Plains Raceway and run some open lapping days with me.

Dave- Thanks, I'm psyched to have gotten paid for it within 2 hours of me posting it up.

^^ Yes, crazy demand, and for good reason. I paid $950 for mine (new) and sold it 18 months later for $850. Not bad. Oh yeah I am getting you confused with FiftyTwoEighty, who has the built motor and more mods and is also running a new BNR68 locally. You and I should be making the same power but he should be trumping both of us quite easily.

My '05 LGT

What you have seen is a lot of VF39's that are blown out with shaft play or at least WG cracks going for 300-400. I personally insepcted and turned down AT LEAST 5 vf39 on NASIOC for sale before I bought this one. :lol: Not in a hurry enough to let it go for much less. A cosign from a respected shop saying its good is worth the peace of mind Nasioc fs threads dont always offer.

I'm excited to slap this thing on. What fuel delivery upgrades do I NEED to run good? I'm looking to run 18psi and if I can get by with using stock injectors safely, I will. Also is a 3 port boost control solenoid needed, and do I need to change my boost pill?

As for other hardware, h/i/e etc, I got that box checked. TIA

at altitude you can get by w/ stock inj while leaving a decent amt of hp on the table, e85 will need bigger inj for sure, I would def upgrade to at least a walbro, cheap insurance and will allow you for room to upgrades down the road. Ask Legend a V52 on e85 w/ supporting inj/fp will be a blast, thats my future plans nothing crazy but a killer DD, torque galore, well maybe not LAGT 400 ft/lb + but enough for most of us

Luis, I PM'd you my mods, but I'll post them for others to see as well. When I upgraded to E85, initially, I only upgraded to a 255 Walbro and Power Enterprise 850cc injectors. I kept the stock intercooler and intake, but later replaced that with an IPR TMIC.

I loved this set-up, but just wanted a bit more power, hopefully that's the last time I say that for awhile. The low-end was awesome, particularly at the track when exiting corners.

Keep it simple and stick with an upgraded TMIC. FMIC's are nearly as over-rated as things like TGV deletes and headers for a bolt-on LGT-fitment turbo on E85. Small power to be had for more $ and introduces NVH, leaks, weight, etc.

Go stage IIIe. Turbo, E85, pump, injectors, TMIC, and tune. I presume you have a DP. Those are the low-hanging fruit to get you a lot more power. If you still have additional funds, the next tier would be intake, 3-port, cbe, and FMIC.. but your bang for the buck is quite low compared to the basics.

My '05 LGT

Suprised no one has bitten my vf39. Must be the STI fitment. Great to see the sale went so fast.

Could be that it is an older turbo. Or that it isn't LGT-fitment. Or that the VF52 resales are abundant and perform arguably better. There is definitely demand for a VF39, but just not on this forum. I thought you SoCal guys hated VF turbos anyways. :confused:

My '05 LGT

I already have ELH, DP, UP and am in the process of purchasing injectors, 3-port, and fuel pump. After I get it tuned my goal is to run laguna seca in Dec then continue to run all the trackdays I can until its time to head to C-springs.

I need to work in some time at the drags with LAGT also to see what I'm capable of down the 1320.

Shameless plug

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/Slave4Metal/Fontana%20Roval%201-15-11/Roval%20-%2013%20Aug%202011/DSC02346.jpg

Could be that it is an older turbo. Or that it isn't LGT-fitment. Or that the VF52 resales are abundant and perform arguably better. There is definitely demand for a VF39, but just not on this forum. I thought you SoCal guys hated VF turbos anyways. :confused:

We dont hate anyone/anything :lol: Vf52 have been known to fail for no good reason NIB on initial tune. I don't call that hate, I call that worrisome. One thing to know why something failed, a whole other to wonder whats up.

I'm sure I can sell the 39 on nasioc for around what I am asking. I was just giving a community I actually like being a part of a chance at used turbo in great shape.

As for the vf39, ultimate street thuggary on e85. Whats not to love about 400wtq at 4k rpm? (Im going highway thuggary now).

Max your car is mad fast already. Haha thats when you know you are going too fast but everying slows down then the need to go even faster has kicked in for you. Well then time for big big turbo. Haha playing with your car on the mountain makes my car look like a snail running out of breath on the straightaways. I've got that itch for my mod upgrades but still havent had time to put any of it in for a fear of blowing up another trans and tc. After the last time we were on the mountain it shortly after a month later it blew up.

Archived