LegacyGT.com

Ready for Stage 2

Bonafide P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having some shifting issues **full throttle**, it's feels and acts like there is a cut off at redline and then a hard shift into the next gear... all gears. I'm don't go there much, but I'm ready to make a move with the IPT VB to see if it fixes the issue. For the time being I started paddle shifting at the high end. If I can only get this 'dialed in'! Power is awesome!

All I know about the dyno, it's a dual-roller Dynojet. :[

Any thoughts and suggestions would be really cool!

i went to stage 2 about a month ago. i have a ots cobb map and i went with a avo dp: everything else is stock. my clutch started to slip immediatly. i have 36,000 miles on my car and have never worn out a clutch in any of my previous cars. i must say I grin ear to ear when i feel the boost kick in. Its like the turbo finally woke up. oh, and if you have the sport sharp button it usually nets you a few more noticable hp/ft lbs

I'm having some shifting issues **full throttle**, it's feels and acts like there is a cut off at redline and then a hard shift into the next gear... all gears. I'm don't go there much, but I'm ready to make a move with the IPT VB to see if it fixes the issue. For the time being I started paddle shifting at the high end. If I can only get this 'dialed in'! Power is awesome!

All I know about the dyno, it's a dual-roller Dynojet. :[

Any thoughts and suggestions would be really cool!

you're hitting fuel cut, I.E. rev limiter, where there's a hesitation and then a resumption of power a split second later. The tranny seems to shift between gears slower when using the paddles opposed to letting it shift at redline in manual mode (08+). It's simply slipping between gears as there's more power and the line pressure cannot fully engage the clutches fast enough. If I were you I'd stop doing that until you get a vb mod. You're just wearing your clutches out and burning up the fluid with high temps. ...or let off of the power between shifts and wait for it to be in gear before WOT

...the vb mod isn't available for 08+ yet. only 05-06. 08+ is still in R&D

Srsly!? So lets forget the VB mob for now... what do you suggest? I was thinking about getting a whole new trans, not stock, ANYTHING to take care of this issue.

Thanks!

Thanks... okay i just talked to IPT and they do the 2009 VB mod for the stock trans (the guy got kinda mad about the "05-06 only"). Now if it fixes the my issue, AWESOME! But if it doesn't, and I decide to go with a new "performance" trans, they take the cost of the VB mod done to the stock and credit it towards the performance trans. 650$ off of 4295$ UGH!

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I'll hop in here real quick since I'm finally going stage 2 a week from today. I've been compiling parts for the last couple months: CNT Catted DP, Stromung 3" CBE, AVO TMIC.

I'm having Harvey at the BoostCreep here in CO do the tune using the Cobb AP. I've heard nothing but great things about his work, pretty excited to feel the hype!

Bonafide, how are you liking the new setup?

Im about to go stage 2 as well, I have an invidia DP, COBB UP gofastbits boost controller, new fuel pump and cobb SRI (although i wont be putting this on) my friend has a friend who has tuned all his cars. Im looking to get better gas mileage as well as more power. For now im gonna stick with the stock turbo until i can save up and get a better one. Should i be concerned running the stocker at stage 2?

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got to stage 2 and it was worth the wait!

Baseline tune was 207/215 which was higher than my tuner was expecting. He was thinking more of the 180-190 hp range. Must be the magic of the specB :)

Anyhow, we settled on 230/265 at 15.1 psi after the install of the AVO TMIC, CNT catted DP and Stromung CBE. Pretty mild from my understanding, but very happy with how it drives. Feels like a completely different car. Sooo much smoother, responsive and the power is constant.

Thanks to Harvey for an awesome tune!

I should have pointed out that I am at elevation, but still, I know 15.1 is pretty conservative. I wouldn't have bought the AVO TMIC but I got a killer deal from a member and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm thinking of maybe doing another map at 16 or 17 psi in the future.

• Mega Users
I should have pointed out that I am at elevation, but still, I know 15.1 is pretty conservative. I wouldn't have bought the AVO TMIC but I got a killer deal from a member and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm thinking of maybe doing another map at 16 or 17 psi in the future.

Well then disregard what I wrote ealier. Looks good!

I'm in need of wisdom. My dad and I finally put the work in and got the car to stage 2 (cobb up and down), but I think we done screwed up. According to our V1 AP, the max boost is ~14.5 psi (whereas the cobb map notes say it's supposed to be ~16.5 psi) and there's a whistling kinda noise above 3k when you step on it.

I thought that meant we had a leak in the uppipe, so today we re-torqued all the bolts on the uppipe. After a quick drive, the same symptoms were still there. And we used all new gaskets for every connection.

So now I'm out of ideas as to what to do. The noise could just be the normal turbo noise, as my dad and I don't know what it is supposed to sound like after removing all the cats. Edmonton is at 2200 ft elevation, could that possibly explain the low boost:confused:

Any input and advice will be very welcome.

Also, I looked on youtube but I couldn't find anything that sounded like what our lgt sounds like. It does not sound anything like the small child wailing in this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iUR3Mc2W0]Subaru LegacyGT Uppipe Leak - YouTube[/ame]

Archived