LegacyGT.com

Ready for Stage 2

Bonafide P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the help with this, my dad and I were ready scratching our heads with this one. I know what we'll be doing tomorrow.

We used the Subaru OEM gaskets all the way around. I considered the thicker grimmspeed ones, but the up pipe came with the necessary gaskets.

Noises like that are more commonly boost leaks rather than exhaust leaks. Boost leaks are easier to fix. Work your way back from the turbo to the intake manifold. Its easy for someone to screw up the intercooler throttle body hose, the hose is 3 pieces and often fold and crimp when shoving a tmic on

is there a spot that's more likely to leak over another? I ask only because we didn't take the ic off during the install

could be the TMIC itself leaking, i recall more than a few members had the end caps loosening.

It was the throttle body, tightened it up a little bit and it leaked a lot less. Tightened it up a bit more and I heard a crack... here's hoping it's just the hose clamp. Or we'll just be getting a new ic sooner than planned :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived