LegacyGT.com

Why you shall check/clean your injectors.

I think that what this video shows is pretty clear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPqrgZdIU8]NEP Injector cleaning - YouTube[/ame]

Unbalanced volume provided to the cylinders. That means less power, possible misfires, possible burnt valves and also a strain on the cat(s).

453747.png

• 2 months later...

the company op posted, you send the injector to them and they use a machine that uses ultrasonic waves to clean the injector.

the way i clean injectors, i drive quite a bit, so once a month i dump in a bottle of injector cleaner

autozone also has a diy kit that uses the same principle as the in tank, but the solution is in a separate container (not fuel tank) and you disconnect the fuel line and return hose and hook up the kit to the fuel line, then use the concentrated solution to clean injectors (this solution is more concentrated then in tank and can ruin rubber hoses/connections

actually, its also the gas you use to, top tier companies (shell, mobile...) uses detergents in their gas... lower quality gas stations (mom and pop...) use the cheapest companies

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

actually, its also the gas you use to, top tier companies (shell, mobile...) uses detergents in their gas... lower quality gas stations (mom and pop...) use the cheapest companies

The reason my cars use top name brands.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've read CostCo uses any brand who is the cheapest, so it can range from good fuel to top tier. just depends in your area. you can ask the attendant and im sure they know who

So OP, how does one check the injectors?? :lol:, you posted why we should and you dont have a solution??:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• 3 weeks later...

I built my own redneck injector cleaner. I use seafoam and compressed air. I hotwire the injector with a motorcycle battery. It works. :) You can see the pattern getting better as you blow the seafoam through.

They sell pressurised cans of concentrated injector cleaner too. You disable the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. You hook the can the the shraeder valve on the injector rail and start the vehicle and let it idle until it stalls. Since Subarus don't have a shraeder valve on the injector rail, you would have to make a tool to splice in. I haven't done this to my Subarus, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when the time comes. ;)

Edit: underground already adressed on the vehicle injector cleaning.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing with old CIS (continuous injection system) euros for quite a few years. Those vehicles, due to age have a tendency to need injector service.

injector cleaner gas additive rarely does the trick, but if used regularly helps slow down fuel varnish.

Quality fuel and avoiding contamination is also very important. Some injectors (no idea about subarus, I'm new to them) also have screen filters inside of them. Once they are varnished or contaminated they become clogged.

Changing your fuel filter with every tune up can be good, but isn't always needed on cars with large filters if you use good gas.

cleaning on the bench is done with ultrasonic and solvent. Cleaning on the car is done with a solvent flush that actually burns, they hook the "tank" of solvent into your fuel lines and run the car until it dies, then hook it back up to the regular fuel.

I've soaked them in berryman's parts dip and used the carb spray to blast through them. (no solenoids, they just flow 100% of the time.) it works o.k. but there is no replacement for ultrasonic.

Archived